HELP!!! Hurt My Bump!!!

Chiochick

Reaction score
Today, I took my LOs for haircuts.
My 4 year old son is a terror and will not sit. He screams and thrashes. I usually sit him on my lap and hold him down to get it done.
So, I'm seated in the chair with him on my lap and he starts to slide down while kicking and screaming.
I bent down while seated and pulled him back to my lap and it felt like an electric shock went through the right side of my bump.
When I got home, I used my doppler and his heart rate sounds good, around 145 or so. He was on that same side that had the shock. I can feel him moving a bit.
I'm not bleeding or cramping but that side is still a little tender.
I called and left a message for my OB's nurse but I'll be lucky to hear back today.

Does anyone know what happened here and if I hurt my baby?
SO is freaking out that I've hurt him and I just feel so guilty :(
And unjustifiably upset with DS :(

I don't think the baby would have felt a thing, you hurt yourself. It's because your muscles are all relaxed ready for the stretching etc (I think the hormone is called Relaxin) so your tummy muscles have just been strained.

Hope you're feeling better soon x

Its good you contacted your OB since they will be able to reassure you but I have actually experienced that shock feeling and have thought it is my muscle stretching etc. My 4 y.o is also a terror and in the past few months there have been so many times when my bump has been subjected to scary situations. One of them involved my 4 y.o jumping from the bed and landing on my bump. How does your bump feel now?

I've been laying on the couch, trying to take it easy the rest of the day. It was a bit tender but that seems to have faded. I'm feeling little twitches all over and I think it's him being really active now that I'm laying down.
I feel pretty reassured that it's ok since everything seems normal and I'm not in a ton of pain, no bleeding, and baby is definitely moving with a solid heart rate.
SO on the other hand does not feel reassured.
He thinks I messed everything up and baby is in grave danger. But, to be fair, he isn't able to feel what I feel and doesn't have the "mommy senses" that I get.
Still waiting to hear back from OB nurse and I have a pretty good feeling it's not going to happen today.
I do have to see her for my progesterone shot in 2 days but if everything is fine by then, I'm sure nothing is wrong.
I'm just majorly in the doghouse with SO :(

That's a bit unfair of your OH. It's not like you went a rollercoaster or ran down the middle of the road. You bent over and picked up your child. A very normal activity. It could have happened bending over to pick up a some dirty clothes from the floor or a coin you'd dropped! Don't think you did anything wrong or blame yourself, you honestly didn't. You have to keep living life when pregnant, sadly it can't stop while we get through these 9 months! I hope baby is OK, sounds positive you can feel movement. Hopefully you can get checked tomorrow and all will be well!

Just wanted to update, nurse called back and said it was likely a pulled/strained muscle in my uterus and was more than likely fine. She did say to come in asap if I had cramping or bleeding or if I was leaking fluid.
So, this was probably a big overreaction heh but better safe than sorry.

That's a bit unfair of your OH. It's not like you went a rollercoaster or ran down the middle of the road. You bent over and picked up your child. A very normal activity. It could have happened bending over to pick up a some dirty clothes from the floor or a coin you'd dropped! Don't think you did anything wrong or blame yourself, you honestly didn't. You have to keep living life when pregnant, sadly it can't stop while we get through these 9 months! I hope baby is OK, sounds positive you can feel movement. Hopefully you can get checked tomorrow and all will be well!

It did really upset me because he said, regarding DS, "his hair was fine". Like it was my fault because I got his hair cut. I didn't know that would happen.
He drives me insane sometimes.
But this is his first baby, so I can see how everything terrifies him.
But at the same time... it's not like I did it on purpose or was being reckless.

Tell your OH that this happens to me every time I turn the wrong way, especially when bending my upper body. Sometimes even just rolling over in bed! It's totally harmless but OMG IT HURTS. It's also shocking every time it happens, even though this is my third pregnancy and it happens a bunch every time!

I have an almost 2 year old. Bumps and things happen when you have other little ones. Your baby is pretty protected and odds are the pain you felt was your stretching muscles and ligaments. Baby probably didn't feel much. If there is no bleeding or cramping and baby is moving then I'm sure your fine. I just try to remind my son often when he gets riled up or bumps my tummy that he needs to be careful because he can hurt mommy and baby. He's 2 so he forgets easy. I don't get mad just a firm reminder when he forgets. I'm sure your son felt bad. Try reassuring him it's fine he just needs to be careful. As for OH...he's kinda being unfair. I dont really have advice on that but it's his first and some men are a nervous reck when we're pregnant lol. I know mine was with our first and it drove me crazy.

Wow your OH is being a little over-protective. He wants your DS not to get his hair cut for 8 months? When you have other children, you will have extra little bumps and muscle strains, but baby is protected and would only be harmed by serious trauma caused in a car accident or similar (my friend fell down the bottom few steps of a staircase when she was about 6 months pregnant and broke her ankle but baby was still fine).

I'm glad you're feeling better about it, and don't feel guilty for looking after your LO :flower:

I hope your ok! Try not to worry I had I fall on my bump a few weeks back while walking the dog. Bump took the whole force of the fall and baby is absolutely fine! I also have a ten year old autistic son who I regularly have to restrain to stop him hurting himself. My 13 month old can throw an epic tantrum too and lost count of the times she's hit or kicked bump. These things happen when you have children at home. Baby is very well protected in there :)

I get those electric shock feelings you described often when bending forward. It's an awful feeling. I have a cyst on my right ovary and the feeling comes right from that area tho im not sure if there related or not. Hopefully it will just be a one time thing for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->