• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help i need a double check with dates

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
Hi

Ok so i have become obsessed with the date i can start TTC

Here it is
"4.1 An employee working full or part time will be entitled to paid and unpaid maternity leave under the NHS contractual maternity pay scheme if:
(i) She has 12 months continuous service with one or more NHS employers at the beginning of the 11th week before the expected week of childbirth"

I started work on the 21st Jan 2008

Can you work it out and i will see if my answer comes up???
I dont want to try too soon or i wont get the full benifits but cant wait too long either

Thanks
Sarah

im not exactly sure of the date to the point but id have thought it was end of oct or november for you to be due

h x

ermmm....I work for HNS too....:happydance:

By my calculations...earliest birth would be 11 weeks after 21st Jan 2009, making the birth 8th April 2009. Earliest conception erm....2nd July 2008???

Does this match up?? I hope I got that right??

Emma.xx

HI Emma

They are the dates i got as well

So i will be ok to try from 2nd July to get the full entitlement thats sooner than what i originally thought 21 days to wait!!

And i work as a thratre (OR) nurse as well and im 27 in 30 days (not that im counting lol)

Sarah

doh i got this totally wrong....

i thought it was a year from your start date, minus the 3 months (well 11 weeks) so oct/nov

but i did the normal hayley thing and didnt read proparly..you have to have 12 months service when you have 3 months pregnancy left....so yup your both right and im stoooopid!!

h x

Hi Hayley

You have no idea how long it took me to work it out!
And there is another section which totally confused me and took hubby 3 attempts to explain then gave up wasnt until i re-read it for the 100th time it hit me!!!

But as long as you get the same dates thats all that counts :happydance:

Sarah

This is how i read it. If you started in January then on the 21st of June you have 5 months service, so you have to have another 7 months service to qualify. As it doesn't count basically the third trimester, then you can only have 6 months of pregnancy that qualifies. so 5 months + 6 months gives you 11 months which means in a months time you can start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->