Help! Loads of green poos!

P

petal040

LO is still having lots of green poos. Occasionally there is a yellow one.

Sometimes they are dark green with hard looking little balls in it. Other times it is liquid and quite bright green (lol sorry TMI).

A couple of weeks ago she was pooing around once every two days. Then she started pooing in almost every nappy (so around once every two hours) during the day (she doesn't poo during the night)... many of these are green. They are not frothy. She seems very happy in herself.

I offer the same breast per three hour block - so I don't think it's a foremilk problem - is it?

Doesn't seem to be wind either? (The poo comes out like a squirt - there is no air in it and it doesn't come accompanied by wind).

She has been a little sniffly at night here and there - but this seems to have passed.

HV said she may be teething but I'm not sure.

Anyone else experienced this? Should I be doing something differently? Help!

My little girl had about 8 green poos a day for a little while. But I think it might have been a foremilk problem with us. Other possibilities is that your lo is not liking something you eat, most likely dairy. Other things could be wheat or egg whites.

Hmm... if it was a problem with dairy/wheat/eggs/... should it have shown up as a problem before now? I do eat/drink a lot of wheat and dairy. More dairy than wheat I'd say.... but I like it!!! Agh! I hope it's not that lol...

Mine was related to wind and has eased up with infacol, but this would prob be obvious by the explosive poo not squirts lol. other than that no advice sorry but hope it clears up.

My HV said green poo can sometimes happen with greedy babies feeding more than they really need... not sure how true this is! Personally I have noticed a reduction in green poo since we started using infacol so it may have been partly a windy problem for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->