• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help me choose a formula brand! Uk ladies whatdo you use and why?

It can get a bit scientific when describing what nucleotides are, but it is claimed that they help with digestive tract health and possibly brain developement. But in studies that I have read a benefit (and a very small one) was only seen with nucleotide containing formula, compared to formula that doesnt contain nucleotides when the nucleotide level was above 7mg/100ml, and the maximun amount of nulceotides contained in UK formula is 3.2mg/100ml. So its very up in the air as to whether this will benefit a baby or not, so dont let it put you off using Hipp, which doesnt contain any nucleotides. xx

Dont know anything about the science but I breast fed for 4 months and then tried all brands of formula until I found one my girl would have. She would only drink hipp organic. I believe its the taste. They all smell pretty similar but hipp seems to smell a bit sweeter somehow (they all smell bad though!) its also the cheapest formula which is an added bonus. Downsides r the awful cardboard box and that not all places seem to stock it. Morrisons dont do it round here. Luckily regarding the box I had plenty of spare tins from all the formula brands she didn't like so I just put the hipp into an aptamil tin!

Hmm I think a lot of it is pseudo science. (otherwise known as bollocks) They have found some scientific mumbo jumbo to justify why aptamil costs more than C&G.
Formula is regulated so my advice is trial and error and stick with what your baby prefers. None of them are any healthier for the baby or closer to breastmilk or whatever.
My LO is breastfed but we do use formula on a regular basis. We have tried all the brands and we find he takes best to Aptamil and least well to Hipp. But that could just be his personal preference.

My LO has been on SMA from day 1 she has never had wind problems or constipation and sleeps through the night from 7pm to 7am and has done from about 6 weeks old we've never changed it seems to be great for her we only chose that as it was either SMA or cow and gate available at the hospital and SMA was better known (to us)

My dd is 2.5 and when we stopped bf I gave her Hipp and we got on very well with it. She was never particularly windy, her poo's didn't change much, it seemed gentle on her tummy and the transition from bf to ff was smooth. The main reason I chose it was because it is the only organic formula available, I only buy organic milk for the family as I don't agree with non organic milk production x

Hi, we switched at 6m, I did lots of research and ended up using cow and gate (was basically told by them that Aptamil was more expensive as it is 'the top leading brand' although I am also aware of the slight differences as mentioned by pp). We just went for the first milk rather than follow on, I came to the conclusion that follow on was not necessary.

I think if you try one and LO likes it then stick with that, if not then you may need to try a few, we were lucky that my otherwise fussy LO liked the first one we tried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->