Help me choose please... :(

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
Im slowly losing the will to live..

Whats better?

Plasma or LED.

Apologies but I have been without a tv for nearly a week and I am having to replace it as the repair isnt worth it so do I go with LED or Plasma?

Please help me?

im sure my ex said LED is better...i think its the newer type

I have been staring at this computer screen deciding for the past goodness know how long.

Eff it I am going with the LED!

Thanks ladies :)

Just ordered the Samsung smart hub LED... Im excited.. Havent had a tv in the living room for nearly a week been eating and watching tv on my bed lol

I was gonna say LED too - Plasma can 'stain' if you leave it on the same image for too long...same way computer monitors can if you do that and don't have a screen saver. Congrats on getting a new TV, exciting!

We've got both, can't say I notice much difference apart from the LCD is clearer but that's down to the sky HD.

Yah led is the way forward :thumbup: till they invent the next thing!

We've got both, can't say I notice much difference apart from the LCD is clearer but that's down to the sky HD.

LED AND LCD are different hun..

I just wanted to know the difference between Plasma and LED.

I went with this :happydance:

Had to get it on my catalogue cos the price is just a joke but I had a 50in and couldnt imagine anything too small so I got a 46in. It was only another £200 for the 55in but I would of had to get a new bracket so I went with the 46in.

https://www.very.co.uk/samsung-ue46.../price,1/o/2&trail=100203-100293-21478-100296

I can connect my router up to it and go on the internet :)

My oh says LED, and that its much clearer than plasma. And apparently plasma's are quite old.

Plasma's are after LCD's but they can stain sometimes when I am on one channel and then I turn over to another I can see a faded pic.

I went with LED. :)

I got my tv back from Samsung and its working when its on the stand and not wall bracket so I am going to move it to my bedroom. The engineer said it wont work for long though as there is damage to the screen, no damage to the actual glass just picture is a little pixel-like

LED is much better; we don't own a TV but have a large LED monitor which we watch stuff on BBC iplayer and 4oD on xx

LED is much better; we don't own a TV but have a large LED monitor which we watch stuff on BBC iplayer and 4oD on xx

Just a genuine question but how do you not have one? is it just cos TV is not something your interested in and if you just watch TV off the iplayer do you still have to pay TV licence?

If you watch programmes that are recorded; and not the live stream then no you don't need a TV licence, if you watch live shows broadcast from within this country; even if they are not BBC stuff then you need a licence, even if you watch them on a phone, netbook or any other device-which is a bit unfair IMHO they should have different rates depending on whether you view on a TV or a phone etc. We only watch recorded shows and so its ok; we had a TV licencing guy come round who simply couldn't believe in this day and age that someone didn't have a big TV in the corner. I do like to watch selected shows but for religious reasons watching too much TV is not recommended; I know many Muslims who don't watch any TV at all, we did used to have a 32" LCD TV when 32" was considered huge-and it did end up being on all the time and taking over our lives so we sold it, it was hard for OH at first because in his parent's house the TV is switched on at 6am when the kids all wake up and start getting ready for school and stays on until midnight, but now he much prefers it, our place just seems a lot more peaceful and quiet xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->