Help Me Choose!

Stacip

Long-Term TTC #2
Reaction score
FYI I like very unique names, and am not interested in anything more common (my first sons name is not in the top 2000).

We are trying to decide a boy name (girl name is already chosen) and have narrowed it down to three choices:

(In order of most to least popular in the North America)

1. Apollo Joseph
2. Wilder Joseph
3. Hollis Joseph (not in top 1000)

I love all of these names, so you don't need to tell me how much you hate them, as it won't change my mind.

The problem is, my husband and I like them pretty much equally, so I was hoping to hear from other people which they like best.

I like Hollis. Never actually heard of it before but I like the sound of it :)

I like them all. I think Wilder Joseph is slightly awkward together. But not in a outputting way, just a chunky flow compared to the other two.

Is Hollis traditionally a boy's name? The only one I know is a woman.

Anyway you decide I think it will be a good strong name.

Wilder Joseph is my favorite of the three.

I think Wilder Joseph sounds a little awkward together but I really like how Apollo Joseph rolls :)

Thanks for your input everyone! I suppose it's more important that they all flow with our surname, which is Elliott; I do agree that Wilder Joseph is the least nice sounding of the 3 in terms of flow.

The problem is, my favourite is Apollo Joseph Elliott, and my husband's is Hollis Joseph Elliott. And then we both equally like Wilder Joseph Elliott as a solid second place haha.

So torn!

It's so hard isn't it!!

I'm intrigued to know what your girls choices are btw as your boys names are really unique, lovely names.

Both Apollo and Hollis sound good with your surname so I can understand the dilemma!

I think I'm still liking Apollo more, but it's like a 55/45 split 😂 no help am I!

It's so hard isn't it!!

I'm intrigued to know what your girls choices are btw as your boys names are really unique, lovely names.

Both Apollo and Hollis sound good with your surname so I can understand the dilemma!

I think I'm still liking Apollo more, but it's like a 55/45 split 😂 no help am I!

I told my husband that people seem to really like Apollo in the hopes of swaying him haha. Choosing a name is so hard; and I'm not a person that wants to choose after the baby is born.

And I've always wanted the same name for my girl every since I was quite young, so that's the name we are going with (we only have the one).

If we have a girl her name will be 'Arrietty Anne Elliott'

Ooo I love your girls choice! Again, not a name I've heard of but it flows very well.

I'm the same, I can't wait til their here I have to know what their name is ready! I struggle to feel connected to be honest until I know gender and have a name!

Ooo I love your girls choice! Again, not a name I've heard of but it flows very well.

I'm the same, I can't wait til their here I have to know what their name is ready! I struggle to feel connected to be honest until I know gender and have a name!

Right!? I think it's because you go from calling your baby "it" or just "baby" (at least that's what I did haha) to calling them an actual name. It sort of makes me realize that, yes, this is my tiny human.

Yup, before baby was just... Baby. Soon as I found out my son was a boy it all just clicked into place like right, this is my little boy, Logan.

This time around I'm exactly the same and it's the reason I'm paying for an early gender scan 😂

Apollo is my favourite...

It flows best with your middle & last names I think and is unique but still a good strong name for a boy (& man!) I think!

Hollis.

Love the name and I'd say it's more unique! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back