• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

help me make the best of a bad job...

Fly

newly knocked up with #2!
Reaction score
I've been booked for a home birth since day 1. Baby has been breech since 19 weeks - we're not keen on a ECV, baby seems big for dates and is footling so I've decided it's safest for us to have the section - which I'm booked in for early next week.

I know in my head that for us it is the right thing, but I never wanted this and I am absolutley gutted. I wanted a natural home birth - really wanted me and OH to have that experience. I hate the idea of having a clinical operation, of being so passive and having surgeons take the baby out of me rather than birth it myself. My OH is understanding, but doesn't really understand how important this was for me.

Do any of you ladies have any suggestions of things I could put in my birth plan to make an elective c-section as personal and special as possible?

Have you read Birthing from Within? She talks in there a lot about Cesarean births and how to feel it is still a birth rite of passage.

Make sure when you are on the table the screen is far enough down your body before they start so you can have skin to skin when baby is born. When I had my section I almost didn't fit on the table and the screen was at nipple height so I couldn't hold LO whilst they where stitching me up.

They had music playing in theatre...we had Take That on (surgeons choice) but you could request your own music playing.

I will have to have a section for my next child and I intend to find a doc that will perform a 'natural' section - https://www.express.co.uk/posts/vie...an-you-really-have-a-natural-caesarean-birth-

Google natural caesarean and loads come up

You can request music, ask to have the lights dimmed, ask for every one to be silent unless they need to talk. You could ask for baby not to be wrapped up straight away but given to you for skin to skin

I will have to have a section for my next child and I intend to find a doc that will perform a 'natural' section - https://www.express.co.uk/posts/vie...an-you-really-have-a-natural-caesarean-birth-

Google natural caesarean and loads come up

I found this interesting thanks

thanks all so much. I'm off to have a look at that link now - although I don't think I'm going to get chance to get hold of and read the book in time. Only two days to go now... :(

How about telling them you'd like them not to tell you the sex of the baby (if you dont already know) and getting your OH to tell you?

Shame about not getting the book.... the section in there about c-section is pretty good. I think as long as you get skin to skin as soon as the baby is born and there air way is cleared then its still going to be a personal experience. I would select your own music. Good Luck in a few days your going to have your little baby in your arms and then it wont be important anymore how he/she was birthed. Enjoy you are in for quite the experience as soon as you hold your babe.

Please look at this website! (WARNING, birth images included!)

https://www.birthingway.com/footling_breech.htm

Do you not have any breech experienced midwives? You dont have to have the section if you really dont want it xxx

At my hypnobirthing class, one of the first things we were told is not to feel badly if things don't go how we dream. At the end of the day, we do the best thing for our babies, and that is what you are doing - even though it's not what you wanted. Sending :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->