help me save my sofas!!

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
I dont know where to get help with cleaning them. I got these from dfs three yrs ago..1 yr left to pay.. Obv having lo who had reflux and was sick quite often.. Especually in the early days when almost a whole milk feed would come up.. It has left my sofas horrible grubby with black marks all over them. They look grubby and horrible and i would like to clean them.but i dnt know. I used a frabic cleaner spray on them and it made it worse and have been scared to do anything with them since. Im ao embarassed by these sofasi guess i hust want nice sofas.. But whenever people come round etc im jus embarassed by the state of them as the marks are very obvious.
Anyone any ideas.. Im happy to spend money on cleaning them as well.. Im considering new sofas so if i spend money and they r clean in still saving money.
They r a fabric material and red
thanx!
Xx

We had a lovely fabric sofa that we bought from Cost Plus Sofas here and we bought a cleaning pack with it....can't remember how much it was but the brand was guardsman I think? It had a couple of different bottles of cleaner for different things and I used it after I accidentally got pen all over it and it cleaned it up really well and quickly without having to soak the whole thing.
Could be worth checking in dfs if they have something similar that you could use? A cleaner specifically for organic stains sounds like what you need.

I have a bissell floor and upholstery cleaner (well its not mine its my mums but I 'borrowed' it a few months ago and haven't given it her back yet :haha:) and when I used to have a fabric sofa I used it when the LO was sick or my toddler dropped food on it and it and it came up looking good as new :) I use it to clean my carpets every few weeks aswell as with LO's they're always throwing stuff or dropping it on my carpets x

ETA - Its like a hoover that cleans not a spray cleaner to avoid confusion :haha:

I rented a Rug Doctor for £25, you can buy stain removers for reds or others, and upholstery cleaners. I only did my carpets with it ready for Lo to be around, but I hear it works wonders. x

I'd get someone out to clean it, it shouldn't cost much :)

I paid someone to do ours cost about £40 that was about 5 years ago come up lovely though :flower:

I have a bissell floor and upholstery cleaner (well its not mine its my mums but I 'borrowed' it a few months ago and haven't given it her back yet :haha:) and when I used to have a fabric sofa I used it when the LO was sick or my toddler dropped food on it and it and it came up looking good as new :) I use it to clean my carpets every few weeks aswell as with LO's they're always throwing stuff or dropping it on my carpets x

ETA - Its like a hoover that cleans not a spray cleaner to avoid confusion :haha:

do u have a link for the item?

thank you :)

I rented a Rug Doctor for £25, you can buy stain removers for reds or others, and upholstery cleaners. I only did my carpets with it ready for Lo to be around, but I hear it works wonders. x

sorry to sound silly.. can u use on sofas:shrug::blush:

My sofa is from scs and their fabric cleaners are a company called guardsman.. maybe see if they'd clean it?

Cx

i use my sisters vax cleaner..
i use it once a month & sofas & carpets come up lovely :)
the water inside the cleaner is not so nice.. lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->