help - nappies and poop

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
One thing that bugs me the most about other people's comments is "oh he is doing a poop..i think you need to change his nappy"...

because he always poops - it is constant. when i take his nappy off he carries on pooping until i get the new nappy on. I use zillions of baby wipes and getting cream on is a nightmare. I was expecting him to be incontinant because of his SB and all of my family and friends know this..so why the stupid insensitive comments?

What are your babies' poops like? have they found a pattern yet? When do you change their nappies - as soon as they do one or do you do it in a routine, like before/after a feed?

Tom has terriable nappy rash as you can imagine and we spend loads of time nappy free - but the constant wiping when he is nappy free must make him just as sore!

jack is the same he poos whilst i change him and it goes everywhere and then he widdles as well. we do lots of nappy free time to i tend to chnage him when hes done one x

Caitlin always wakes up and hasa poo :dohh: She most day will always go about 3 times before lunch! :lol:

I'd ignre other people and change him when hes finished hun give him 5-10 incase.

I use sensitive baby wipes, we also sprinkle baby powder on her bum to dry up any 'wet' from wipes and on goes the cream LOADS always.

x

Sam tends to do at least 3 poos a day, sometimes more. For some reason he usually starts doing one when he´s having bottle, then has trouble concentrating on drinking, so we have to take a break, let him finish his poo change him and then finish the bottle.

When I´m at home and change his nappy I don´t use wipes, but clean him using large soft baby tissues and baby oil - was told to do that in the hospital and just carried on doing it at home. He´s not had any trouble with nappy rash so maybe thats why. If I´m out and about then I use wipes.

Skye has done a couple while mid change, she has done 3 today, usually I wait 5 10 mins after one just to make sure, cause you know if you change them quick, thatll be the time they do another. Also, I am still using cotton wool and water, the big bits of cotton wool that are in a pleat. I did use wipes for a few days but her bum started going red straight away, and I remember my sons was awful when I used wipes, so Im just sticking with cotton wool, water and sudocrem :)

Maybe you should try using some cotton wool and water with him? It might just be his little bottom doesnt like wipes:)

i use huggies pure which is supposed to be like water and cotton - if i use cotton wool, i would get through a packet a day! I can use like 10 wipes at a time as it just keeps on coming. I will try using some talc before i put the cream on tho - as i never seem to be able to get his bum dry enough.

We use Johnsons extra protection wipes (stripy ones) & Jack hasn't suffered with any rash as yet (fingers crossed) I tend to give him 5 mins after I hear him start to poo, to finish, usually it is ok then, but a couple of times he has finished off mid change:dohh: He doesn't poo that often, maybe once every two days, but he has been like this since birth, but it is becoming a bit more regular with the solids:blush:

If Caitlyn is going through a growth spurt she is a poop monster! If not, she doesn't go much, ever 2-3 days sometimes. People are always like "is she constipated?" ANNOYING.

Oh and I change her bum whenever she's grumbley (or does a smelly!). Sometimes that's not even the problem but getting her nakey always cheers her up.

Have you tried putting vaseline on when you change his diaper? It's supposed to help form a barrier to help prevent diaper rash.

Oh and I change her bum whenever she's grumbley (or does a smelly!). Sometimes that's not even the problem but getting her nakey always cheers her up.

Jack loves 'getting nakey' too - he ALWAYS cheers up when I change his nappy!:blush:

Jess went thru a spell of going when she was having her bottle. I usually wait untill the obvious signs have stopped, (grunting, going red in the face, screwed up fists) then wait a 5 mins or so just to make sure before I change her. I also use Bepanthen nappy cream which has been quite kind to my Jess. It must be difficult for you with Toms incontinance, I really hope you sort out his sore little bum. xXx

Caitlyn has never had nappy rash *touch wood* :rofl: I use Sudocrem every time I change her bum and always have.

I always give Bren a good 10 minutes before I change him. He also gets naked baby time, I even sing to him, in the tune of 'Howdy Doody' that 'it's naked baby time' Anyway, yes he also sometimes poos during naked baby time.

Hey, I was just wondering when babies poops are to start becoming solid? My wee man Harrison is 2 months old and their still quitre watery!

Tom has terriable nappy rash as you can imagine and we spend loads of time nappy free - but the constant wiping when he is nappy free must make him just as sore!

poor tom!
I'm not sure if you can get them in the UK but I use these wipes called Suzi. they are just like little blue jeye cloths and you spray on water or I use water and baby bits (natural soap - google "baby bits") which i find to be really gentle and it is more effiicient than any of the usual nappy wipes which i find tend to smear and I have to use lots of get all the poop!
Just a thought. They were what the hospital used when I had Teddy. I use some in the bath as flannels too.

https://katalog.ivf.hartmann.info/F...hanges_bebe,9,11/Susi+_Protege-langes,10.html

if you cant get them i'd be happy to send you a few to see how you got on!?

poor tom!
I'm not sure if you can get them in the UK but I use these wipes called Suzi. they are just like little blue jeye cloths and you spray on water or I use water and baby bits (natural soap - google "baby bits") which i find to be really gentle and it is more effiicient than any of the usual nappy wipes which i find tend to smear and I have to use lots of get all the poop!
Just a thought. They were what the hospital used when I had Teddy. I use some in the bath as flannels too.

https://katalog.ivf.hartmann.info/F...hanges_bebe,9,11/Susi+_Protege-langes,10.html

if you cant get them i'd be happy to send you a few to see how you got on!?

bless you! but since i put him on solids his poops became harder and the rash dissapeared! hooray! now i will change over to reusables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->