Help! Need a Makeover!

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I am sick of feeling frumpy and unattractive. I've saved up some cash, and I want to get a bit of a makeover.

However, I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to beauty stuff. I don't wear any makeup usually, I've never used fake tan, never does my eyebrows.....you get the picture!

So where on earth do I start?! Should I do fake tan myself or go to someone? (where?!) What type of tan?

I'm thinking nails, hair (coloured and cut), tan, eyebrows and some new makeup. Anything else?

I'm a bit scared as I've never really been in a salon before and only go to the hairdressers once a year :blush:

I also want to buy new clothes. I'm a size 14/16 with most of my weight being on my stomach and hips so I need attention diverted away from there. I have no idea what sort of things to look for though? I've seen this: https://www.simplybe.co.uk/productcache/DAL/BO8470/AB877AX.html.gz is that the sort of thing I should go for?

hun I know exactly how you feel! Im sure you look amazing but you cant beat a pre pregnancy body right! I have started getting my hair done (highlights) and am booking to have my nails done next week. I also fake tan myself I use the St Tropez or Fake Bake. Maybe even go for a nice massage whatever takes you fancy and gives you some you time! x

Yeah I'm looking at a spa that's just down the road from me. Thinking a massage, fake tan and eyebrow waxing then going to a hairdresser to get a cut and colour.

I just want to feel good in my own body, because it isn't going anywhere fast! I'm not even back in my pre pregnancy jeans yet :(

Sounds good maybe try and have something done once a week. Even if its only for half an hour you feel better about yourself and get some time alone to relax. And dont feel guilty for indulging now you have a baby us mums more than deserve it x

Yeah I'm looking at a spa that's just down the road from me. Thinking a massage, fake tan and eyebrow waxing then going to a hairdresser to get a cut and colour.

I just want to feel good in my own body, because it isn't going anywhere fast! I'm not even back in my pre pregnancy jeans yet :(

This would do you a world of good sweetie. Enjoy it!

I only got into a number of my pre-pregnancy jeans a month or so ago, but not all of them. :(

abit pampering will make you feel so much better.

I would defo go and get someone to fake tan you, especially if its not something you normally do.

clothes wise i would say something like that top on the link with maybe some leggings, skinny jeans, if you've got good legs that is. Just make the most of your best feature at the moment.

Enjoy it honey!
Make up wise,I would say why dont you go into one of the big stores near you (Boots,Debenhams) etc and ask one of the girls on the counter?They will normally do a bit of a makeover for you as well as recommending products that would be great for you.I would definitely recommend Benefit.
Don't be intimidated by them!Its their job to be that made up and perfect but they are there to help and advise you!xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->