HELP!! Need to wean for IVF!

Miss Redknob

Mummy at last :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have been BFing my son for almost a year and have loved every minute of it :) He will be 1 on the 24th July and I would like to stop feeding by the end of the month due to starting IVF for bub #2.

He has been a great weaner and I am only feeding him at about 8pm every night before bed (sleeps 12hrs). I have replaced his morning boogie with 260ml of cow's milk which he loves and points at his sippy cup as soon as he sees it! He will then have cow's milk throughout the day but other days will only have water.

I am just curious how your ladies dropped the final feed?

Thanks for your help :) xx

With dd1 I dropped down to just one morning feed for about a month before I stopped altogether she was 18 months. I just started to offer a sippy cup of milk then a feed after if she wanted then I stopped offering the feed unless she really asked for it after a week she wasn't asking at all.

I think I found it much harder than she did!

My lo was 16 months. It was an afternoon feed so a bit different, but basically I just had to distract her. Let her play with something that she didn't usually get to play with, like ice cubes, or give her something really yummy to eat for afternoon snack. She did throw a few tantrums where she'd throw herself on the floor and yell BOOOOOOOB, but after a week she'd completely forgotten about it.

Thanks ladies :) Going to skip boobie tonight and give him cow's milk and see how he goes :)

Thanks ladies :) Going to skip boobie tonight and give him cow's milk and see how he goes :)

How did you get on? I hope it went ok :flower:

For me, DS1 weaned very easily at 16 months. He was used to self-settling though. DS2 is a different matter! :dohh: He has been down to just bedtime feed for at least a couple of months but he will not self-settle until he has had BF. Even then, sometimes he complains when I unlatch him. I've tried putting him to bed without BF and just sitting with him but he screams the house down.

I think the only way I'm going to wean him completely is to go cold turkey and get OH to put him to bed. I just would rather find a 'nicer' way to do it, and one that won't disturb my 3 year old's routine.

Good luck for your upcoming IVF too! :thumbup:

Hi Xd :wave: You wouldn't believe it I gave him some warm cow's milk (250ml) drank the whole lot then about 20mins later came to me of a cuddle and feel asleep and slept through the night :dance: I hope you have some luck weaning DS2, getting daddy to out him to bed sounds like a good idea :thumbup:

My DH asked me was that it for him, and I said yes why! He said that he should have got a last bf photo :haha: So we have decided that I will feed him till the 27th July and then that's it :) Didn't think it was going to be so easy to wean him!!

Thanks for your help ladies :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->