help needed - food

munchie82

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry if this turns out to be long but thanks for reading. I have recently come off antidepressants to start trying for my second child. I was on them because my son was born with disabilities because I caught an infection when I was pregnant - we didn't know until he was born. Anyway he's 8 now nearly 9 and we've had 2 miscarriages since having him. I'm not pregnant yet but have become absolutely terrifies of catching Toxoplasmosis. I know I am not immune as my doctor tested me for it back in April this year. Well I have had my fear under control for the past few months until I was eating dinner about a month ago and had sprinkled some Italian style medium hard cheese from morrisons on my spag bol. only after i'd eaten it I was reading the ingredients whilst waiting for my son to finish his food and it said it was made with raw milk but didn't state which type of raw milk - i'd been sprinkling it on my food for weeks before I thought to read the ingredients. Now i've convinced myself it was made from raw goats milk or something which should be avoided as it can contain the parasite - I know i'm not pregnant yet but hope to be soon and toxoplasmosis can live in the body for months. Can someone help me?

Lou

Hi munchie. Big :hugs: ; I'm sorry this is causing you such anxiety. Is there a way you can go in to your health care provider and be tested? Knowing where you're working from may go along way toward easing up the anxiety you're feeling. What is the standard treatment for toxoplasmosis?

Thanks for replying. I'm going to get tested privately I think, I just don't feel like I can go back to my Dr and asked to be tested again :-( I honestly feel like having another child is just never going to be a reality for me.

I think the treatment is antibiotics if you're pregnant but I don't think they do treat it if you're not, I think you just have to wait until the infection can no longer be passed onto your child, to get pregnant.

When we've had some stumbling blocks and/or mountains to move it can definitely feel like another child is never going to happen when we want one so badly. How long does it take for the infection to clear if a person has it? How difficult is the process to see if you have it? If going private will help then absolutely do that as all the worry is no good either. You ma very well be fine but I can understand your stress about it. I hope you're all clear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->