Help needed from CBFM users please

NikiJJones

Mummy to a magical boy
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd cycle using my CBFM. First month it gave me 7 days of High before my peak days (I gather it usually gives you more in the first month). Last month I got 5 days of High before my peak days. This month I'm on CD13 and still getting Lows. I am trying to predict when I might ovulate (I'm due for a Laparoscopy start of Nov and they won't do it if I've got AF).

Will I always get 5 days of High before my peak days, or might I get less sometimes? ie: might I just get 2 or 3 Highs and then a Peak?

Do you experienced users out there always get the same number of Highs before a Peak, or do you sometimes get less High days?

Sorry: hope this all makes sense and hope some of you can help out.

oh i dont know nikkki, as im on the 2nd mth and its still "gettin2know me" it give me highs from cd7 last mth and this mth and last mth i O on cd15, ive heard lots says that there moniotr went straght from low to peak ! so if u O on or around same day then be on ur guard hun!!

I think mine varies....hope you ovulate soon!

It usually settles down to 1 or max 2 highs after a couple of months. One month I O'vd early and it went straight to Peak!

As well as learning your cycle, the CBFM also learns your 'levels' so it can compare readings to previous months then and see if your Oestrogen and LH is high or low.

Thanks everyone. Lyns: that's really helpful. Its worth knowing that I may just get a couple of highs or might even go straight to peak. I'd better start the OPKs just in case!!! (and will certainly keep up the SMEP BDing!)

Any more advice would be really helpful from any long term users.
("long term users" :rofl: makes us all sound like drug addicts!!! Sorry!)

I think it only went to high that month as I'd been taking VitB6 and it brought Ov forward so the CBFM hadn't asked me for many sticks at all that month so far. OPK's are handy while it settles into a pattern but I use my 'bodily' signs as well and just double check with an OPK if the two don't add up! But they usually do.

Have you read Tansey's advice on 'saving sticks? It can really help save money! Basically once you get your first peak, the machine is then preprogrammed to give you a 2nd peak, a high, and then go back to lows. It doesn't really read the sticks after the first pea, as it knows you will ovulate in the next days or two, so don't waste new sticks AFTER the first peak, re-use old ones (you don't have to 're-pee' on them, just stick it back in again)

Hope it works well for you....:hugs: xx

Yes: I picked that trick up in the first month. Thanks though.

Hi Nikki,
The first month i used it i used a whole pack of sticks!! And i thought i'll get broke at this rate, lol! And i too, had many more highs then than i get now.

It does shift and as Lyns rightly pointed out it continously 'monitors' you and changes accordingly. I should know as after my mc i have put it through hell and back, lol. And i have also, like Lyns, had cycles where its gone straight from low to peak. If you do ovulate it will pick it up, however, if you're unsure when you are about to ov it can be a bitch if you are relying on it for predicting bd days :)

In conclusion, in addition to changing number of highs and changing days of when it starts asking for sticks, it really is a clever little machine and it changing its m.o. is part of it keeping up with your body/cycles- and as we all know- our bodies are not straightforward..hmrfph. Just as well we have some help in figuring things out, eh? :)

Does this help?

:hug:, Omi xxx

Thanks Omi: yes it does help. At least I know that OV could come at pretty much any time to be honest! I'm still getting back to normal after my MC anyway, so I think I have probably confused the poor machine hellishly by starting to use it just post-MC!
I'll keep you posted with what it does next!

Hi Niki,

I've only got around to answering you now (haven't really been on lately).

I see you have some really good advice already, but I didn't want to ignore your question. So, looking at your previous charts for a start you have some ambiguous ovulation dates (ie. blue lines and broken dotted red ones), but generally speaking your ovulation falls between CD16 and CD22. The most common ovulation date out of those cycles is CD16 so that should give you a good indication of what to look out for when trying to predict what your monitor will tell you. I would guess is should show a PEAK reading on average between CD15 and CD18.

I wondered why you have filled in LOW for the whole line on your FF charts (is that just something you choose to do because I know you aren't using test sticks for each of these days)? I personally wouldn't recommend doing this because it may confuse you in the future because you won't be able to see which CD day the monitor starts asking for sticks. When I first started using mine it asked for the first stick on CD6. When it got used to my cycles, it altered this day and started asking for the first stick on CD7 which saved me a stick each cycle (less £££). I can also look back and see from my previous charts when it changed.

Each cycle is different and there is no telling how many LOW and HIGH readings and what pattern will develop before a PEAK so don't worry if they differ ... that's normal. You've already learned that it can go straight from LOW to PEAK too, so that's one to watch out for.

Now that I have been using my monitor for over 6 months, I have to admit that I cheat even more than others and use an 'old' test stick on CD7 and 8 as I know I won't show a PEAK that early. It's a bit of a gamble, but I've got used to my body signs and so far it has worked for me. I check my CM, temp and chart with FF too, so all these together help me confirm when ovulation has taken place.

Once I get my first PEAK I revert to using 'old' sticks until the monitor stops asking for them. The monitor asked for 20 sticks for my first cycle and thereafter it has only ever asked for 10 (except once when I had delayed ovulation and it cost me the full 20 sticks with no PEAK). The last cycle I used my monitor for, I only used 3 NEW sticks in total due to clever planning, but that's after months and months of use. In your case, you would want to use it for a while longer before playing these games and only if you feel confident.

Hope this helps answer your question a little. It's good too that you keep charting with FF as you have a record to look back on and could potentially show it to your GP if you choose to have blood tests or ask him questions about TTC.

Best of luck to you and sending you some :dust: for your journey. Let's hope it's a short one.

Thanks Tishimouse.
Good advice about not filling in FF until I get asked for a stick.
Today is CD17 and still Low. No sign of CM or anything else either. I guess we just keep up the SMEP and see what happens.

Has anyone ever had a whole month of Lows by the way?

good luck nikki, keep us posted, i cant say ive ever had a mth of low cos i aint...maybe go on the cbfm site!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->