Help needed to write a card to friend who has had a baby!!

TButterfly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, really could do with some help here,

A good friend of mine has just had her baby and I need to write her a card to congratulate her. We were pregnant at the same time and due only 3 weeks apart. I lost my little girl at 25 weeks in December. She had her baby yesterday and it has really shook me up. The main reason being that it is getting closer to Erica's due date and I really cannot think of what to put in her card. I am really happy for her and wish them the best of luck, but at the same time I really want my baby to. We always joked about how they would be the best of friends and now it isn't going to happen and all those hopes we had are gone. Really trying not to get too upset because I am ttc and don't want anything to hinder my chances of getting pregnant again.

All suggestions welcome. Need as many as possible.

Im sorry you are having a bad day TButterfly. This sounds like such a hard thing to do but I think you have said what you need to say in what you wrote, 'Im really happy for you and wish you the best of luck'. Your friend will understand that the card will be a very hard thing to write.
Me and my close friend were also pregnant together, I lost mine and she is due later this year. I find it hard to see her still but we try.
:hugs:

Thanks Cornish,

I think the card is too big. It just seems empty with those few lines in it. I just wanted a little something extra to put in.

Sorry for your loss. I know I will make myself go to see her, but that will be very difficult. Did you go and see your friend straight after she had the baby?

Hi everyone, really could do with some help here,

A good friend of mine has just had her baby and I need to write her a card to congratulate her. We were pregnant at the same time and due only 3 weeks apart. I lost my little girl at 25 weeks in December. She had her baby yesterday and it has really shook me up. The main reason being that it is getting closer to Erica's due date and I really cannot think of what to put in her card. I am really happy for her and wish them the best of luck, but at the same time I really want my baby to. We always joked about how they would be the best of friends and now it isn't going to happen and all those hopes we had are gone. Really trying not to get too upset because I am ttc and don't want anything to hinder my chances of getting pregnant again.

All suggestions welcome. Need as many as possible.

I think you said it perfectly above.. how you are really happy for her and wish them the best of luck. She is your GOOD friend, she will absolutely understand what you are going through.. and I think she would be fine with just those words written in a card. You do not have to write a story. That is my opinion. Best of luck hun... Let us know what you decide. xxxx

Thanks Cornish,

I think the card is too big. It just seems empty with those few lines in it. I just wanted a little something extra to put in.

Sorry for your loss. I know I will make myself go to see her, but that will be very difficult. Did you go and see your friend straight after she had the baby?

I dont think you need an essay in it, just a few lines of how you feel happy for her will be lovley. My friend is still pregnant - hence why its so hard to see her - talk about baby stuff, kicks etc and all I think is I should be feeling that too not horrid saddness. But I do see her and I do talk about her baby for a bit, its just hard. I really feel for you, I know I will be feeling like this in a few months when my due date is close and my friend has her newborn :cry:

I do think that whatever you write will be lovely.x

Thanks ladies,

Sent the card today. Kept it short, congradulation and best wishes. Filled up the rest with kisses and hugs xoxo I must say it did feel good sending it. Times are hard now, but they won't always be and I'm glad I can look back and know that I had the strength to do the right thing even though it was mighty upsetting.

just wanted to add, well done for getting up the courage to post the card. when i was going through my 2nd loss, my friend was only weeks from having her baby, when she arrived i was so devasted it took me 3 weeks to get round to see her, but once i did i felt so much better, she has asked everyone to leave her alone and set aside proper time for me to visit, we had about 2 hours to chat before jessica woke up then she asked if i wanted to feed her. sad as i was, it made me realise that it would all be worth it and that i was willing to go through it all again for a chance of a baby. 3 weeks later i found out i was pregnant after 6 months of trying, my dd is 3 in june.

hope you can find the strengh from somewhere, and you never know, it might help with some closure.

sorry for your loss x

Thank you Tweedy,

It's stories like yours that give me hope. Your daughter is gorgeous and congratulations on your :bfp:

big hugs tbutterfly x

my oldest friend and I both had babies due on the same date, I had a mmc but her gorgeous little boy was fine thank goodness, he arrived a couple of days late which made things easier, but it was with mixed feelings indeed that I went to mothercare and bought his little clothes and a card for the family

youve done really well and I'd imagine your friend will really appreciate the real effort you have gone to x

i can imagine that must have been very hard for you to do.
my sil had a baby 2 weeks after my 1st miscarriage and they didn't know about it.
took me about 2 weeks to visit and i couldn't hold the baby at all or i would've cried.
take care. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->