Help! Niamh is ill [update pg 4]

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Niamh is being very ill. I fed her from the breast and when I picked her up she was sick all down me, since then she hasn't stopped being sick. Every time I feed her she's throwing it back up again. She's never been sick on breast milk. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm getting worried as she's not keeping any milk down.

what does her poop look like? she may be lactose intolerant... or have reflux?

Did you eat something different? Maybe that could have upset her tummy?

Last poo was mormal, one before was very watery.Could be reflux. It was as soon as I stopped feeding her she just threw it all back up in about 5 doses. I've never seen her being this ill :cry: She was crying like she was very sore too. I've given her some infacol to try and settle her tummy for now, and I'm trying to feed her again as now she's hungry again.

Did you eat something different? Maybe that could have upset her tummy?

Didnt eat anything different, but had a glass of wine with dinner which was 5 hours ago. Could that have caused it? I would have thought it would have left my system by now. God I feel awful if I caused it :(

I think that actually sounds like she has wind

Does Caitlyn get quite windy on breast milk? I wind Niamh after every feed but she never brings up much after I've been BFing. Shes never been sick from breast milk. When she was FF she brought up loads.

I've never BF so I'm really not one to say one way or the other. However I don't think that could have caused it, as you said it was five hours past. :hug: Sorry if I made you worry, was just trying to throw out possible suggestions as to why she wasn't feeling well

She was crying for more feed, so I put her back on the breast and she threw up again after a few minutes. :(

Just rang a midwife who said to try her with a dummy for awhile to see if its wind, so fingers crossed.

hi hun, hope Niamh is feeling better this morning

Lou
xxx

Hugs Hun xXx Hope she is better today xXx

i posted in dec mums the other day as callum was doing the same, MW said theres a bug going around, hes fine now but was chucking up after every feed for 2days but also it looks like tons is coming up but she said his body would have processed some, so he would have got a bit of feed.

:hug: Hope she's OK!! Jay is often sick after bf too - I think it's a combo of wind and reflux :( When he's really bad I give him gripe water which seems to ease it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"