Help. OH given Edward essential oil burns I think :(

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Edward has a cold so OH bought some Karvol drops but didn't read the instructions and put the drops on a tissue and then put the tissue directly on Edward's chest under his vest. I didn't realise, but as soon as I did I pulled it off. But now Edward is bright red from his chin to his chest. I think the oils have burnt him :cry:

It says on the box to never apply directly to skin, but doesn't tell you what to do if you do :cry:

Any ideas anyone? I thought people in here might know xx

Hi hun, sorry to hear about your poor little man. I'm not 100% on what to do but make sure you clean his skin with clean cool water straight away and pat dry. You can safely use Aloe vera gel on his skin (as far as i know). This will treat the burn and help with any soreness. If not better by tomorrow take him to see your GP xx

Savlon etc will be sooth it too! Hope Edward is ok :hugs:

Just wash with plain water and pat dry!

Dan did this with Izzy when she was small - she got it on her hands and then rubbed it on her face! She went red too - but I washed her down and by morning she was fine

Dont worry

Silly Ohs eh?!

Like pp said, if you have aloe very try that. If not, just water will be fine and it should go on its own. If it is hot to touch don't use anything oil based as it will make it worse. Hope he gets better soon x

water. dont put any sudacream or savlon etc on it as its oil based and will keep in the heat from the burn. Just let it air and keep washing it with water and it'll go soon enough.

oh and rub a bit in oh's nostrils so he knows how horrid it feels lol

poor edward i dont know what to say hun x

I was going to just reccomend the same as others, and try cold water.

I really hope he's ok. :flower:

poor Edward, I'm sure he'll be fine by morning x

Poor Edward, hope he's feeling better

It cleared up by today. Then he got another petechial rash (meningitis type) so I had to take him to the docs again but they said not to worry. Gonna take him tomorrow again and ask if there could be an underlying cause as he's had this rash 3 times in 2 months. The last time being less than 2 weeks ago :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->