Help &/or advice please?

ameeann

Reaction score
Me and my partner decided about 2 month's ago that we were ready to try and conceive, so I came off the combined pill . . . I had my regular "break" period about 8 weeks ago but nothing since, I know that it is quite common after coming off the pill that it can take a while for your body to start ovulating again.
We have regular unprotected sex, we haven't gone as far as to get ovulation kits etc just yet . . . however, I thought I was preg about a week ago, nausea, light cramping, hard and sore nipples etc . . I took 3 test's one (at night) was faint pos, next morning and night were neg (DODGY CLEAR BLUE TEST!!!!) lol
anyway I asked my doctor and she said I could be feeling symtoms of being preg but it's too early to test yet . . . however

What I want to know is what are my chances of being pregnant? and what is the likely hood that I'm feeling symptoms of being preg because I've recently come off my pill and it's messing with my hormones?

also has anyone else ever came off the pill and conceived straight away without an official period?

Sorry for the long paragraph just stressing myself out :( :( :(

advice would be appreciated :hugs:

Hey hun,

There is definitely always a chance you could be pregnant, this could just be a really long cycle after coming off the pill and you may have ovulated really late, that's what happened to me when I got pg with this one, I had a period in May, then nothing for SO long, I didn't even have symptoms to be honest, took tests periodically that were BFN so I gave up on testing until the last week of JULY, I finally had a few symptoms and got a BFP, talk about a long cycle!!

If it turns out this isn't your month, I would start using OPK's with your next cycle just to ensure you're ovulating, I've had many friends get pregnant that month they came off the BCP and a few that it took longer for their bodies to adjust, so it can happen either way ;)

GL to you :dust: definitely keep us posted! :hugs2:

ahhh thank you thank you thank you :D :HUGS:
Okay so you've made me feel much more positive right now :D thank you!!

I think I'm going to re-test in the morning which is 4 day's after the last time I test . . . I sound obsessed I know! haha But surely thing's will have shown by then if I am!

thank you :D

You're welcome hun ;) I know just how you feel, I was literally testing every single day in June lol, FX'd that you get your BFP!!

:dust:

well i got a BFN . . . however AF hasn't come yet, and ive had (TMI) like light red/pink spotting for around 12 hours now, not noticeable other than on the tissue so fingers crossed for IB :D

That does sound promising!! FX'd AF stays away, a BFP is always possible if she doesn't come ;)

:hugs2:

it took me about 70 days to get my period after coming off the pill, and i had sooo many symptoms - I was testing over and over again because I was just convinced I was pregnant. It was just my hormones though! I hope yours are real pregnancy symptoms though :)

it was a BFN usually I would be disappointed but I'm not this time because AF has returned, which hopefully means I have started ovulating again!?! so deffo FX for that! lol

AF returning definitely is a good sign that your cycle is starting regulate :happydance: hooray!! I'd say if you have your "normal" AF, then you should be ovulating afterward, giving you a good chance to get your BFP this month :thumbup:

LOTS of :dust: GL girl!!

well it's a bit more painful . . . but thats to be expected really, everything is very normal atm though so yay!!! :d :D thank you <3

:dust: you've stalked me. So sometimes woman ovulate before their first AF after you come of BCP. everything will work out in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->