• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! Pain in one breast :(

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi!

I have had a very smooth breastfeeding journey so far - no pain, no difficulty getting started, no sore nipples etc...

However, for about a month or 2 I guess, it has been painful when DS latches onto my left breast and then for a while when he nurses - it seems to get better as he goes on but it happens every time. It feels kinda like it's bruised and he's pushing his teeth into it... I don't know if that's a good explanation? It seems like he's somehow caused some sort of "injury" to the breast and it's tender every time he latches...

Anyone know what on earth I'm talking about? Know what it could be? How I could solve it? It's been going on for a month or 2 so I'm worried whatever it is is not gonna heal :(

Are there any lumps or bumps? Just in case it's a wee cyst causing pressure x

No feels totally normal to touch - no lumps or bumps.

Hmmm I dunno, seems a bit random to be hormonal - it started before I fell pregnant. I'm wondering whether to go to the doctor but I feel a bit awkward to go and talk to them about it (silly I know!) Plus I feel like they won't probably have an answer for me. I'm just prodding myself, as you do lol, and it's a little tender to touch as well, just around the nipple area.

Do you think my son could have "injured" me? He can have quite a strong latch sometimes, he has 8 teeth and does this thing where he pulls his head away while he's latched on and sucking, which can feel really uncomfortable (I don't know why he does that!)

Is there any cuts around the edge of the nipple? Might be worth seeing the doc. Just to male sure there's no cyst or anything causing it x

Nope no cuts... It's a mystery! Yeah I gues I should go to the doctor to get it checked.... Oh man! Thanks for your advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->