Help!! - Painful trapped wind after section

Bonnielouis

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you suffered from this after your section? And any tips to get rid of it?

I had an emergency section on Sunday and obviously in the usual pain from that but its the pain and bloated ness all across my stomach and up my back and across my shoulders which I'm in agony from.
Midwife said its just one of those things that happens after a section and will ease but so far it's just as bad as it was 4 days ago.

Any advice please? X

I had this, it was awful. Peppermint tea helped a little xxx

I had this too. Nothing really eased it I'm afriad, but I was careful to avoid foods and drinks that might have made it worse, like fizzy juice etc.

I hope you feel better soon.

I'm trying everything and nothing seems to work too! When did yours start to ease? X

Peppermint oil is obviously better and more concentrated than tea.

Something like this https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/s...-capsules-200mg-60005010?query=Peppermint oil

I can't remember when it eased, but was painful for a while. Hugs xx
Deffo one thing I'm not looking forward to next week!

I had it so bad the day after, I was in agony. It was all in my shoulder and no amount of tylenol or Advil I took would touch it.

I'm a nurse, and my patients get it all the time, but I had no idea how much it hurt. What helped (and what I always recommend) is to walk. Walk as much as is comfortable. It will get your bowels moving and hopefully you will start tooting :). Also, if you're still taking prescription painkillers, those will slow your digestive system and allow gas build up. So if you can reduce your dose and take over the counter meds, that will help.

Peppermint tea, or even real peppermints are great for digestion.

Milk of magnesia and peppermint oil helps ALOT! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->