HELP, please! Advice??

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
My best friend who is 34 weeks pregnant is in labor as we speak! She called me this morning to let me know her water broke and she was on the way to the hospital.. She is pretty scared as she is six weeks early and her baby shower (given by me) was set to take place this weekend.

Has anyone you know given birth this early or earlier and everything been fine?? I am looking for some re-assurance... Right now I just sit and pray and hope everything goes ok until I can get off work and get up to the hospital!!

hi

i havnt given birth but my borther was born at 27 weeks, he is now a fine young boy of 13 years old, very mucsly and enjoys sports...

He was in ICU until his due date (october he was born early july)but everythings fine :)

As your friends gets further along the chances of survival are increased...wishing her best of luck :)

Hi hon, no advice but lots of luck to your friend. I was born at 32 wks (back in 86!) and I am fine now! I am sure that your friend's LO will be fine. xx

Thank you. Im just so nervous... she only gained 17lbs!

she is still in labor.. 5-6 cm dilated..

I used to work in a NICU and normally the biggest worry is whether the babies lungs are fully developed. After 34 weeks the outcome is normally good. Sometimes they have to stay at the hospital until they are considered full term just to make sure everything is going OK. I was born at about 34 weeks and I was quite healthy. :hugs: hope your friends OK.

My 4 month old was born at 33 + 3 so only a few days earlier and she was absolutely fine. In NICU for 10 days and was able to bf on her second day. She did have a few probs breathing initially but we got a quick cuddle before she went. She was 4 pounds 12. Main reason she even stayed in 10 days was she had trouble maintaining her temp and some jaundice but all in all she did great and your friends baby should be little but fine:flower:

I am sure the baby will be fine.. the baby will probably be in the NICU for a little while and will most likely be in hospital until he/she is at term. I hope everything is fine, your poor friend she must be so worried. At 34 weeks there is an excellent chance that everything will be fine. In terms of weight gain it does not always mean bad things too. I only put on 16lbs with my son and I went to term and he was a large weight. Keep us updated, I hope that everything is ok.

My Lo was born at 27 weeks and I was born at29 weeks. I was well and got out of hospital quickly, my LO was in hospital for 12 weeks but is home now!

so you can imagine 34 weeks would be a real achievement for us!

34 weeks is a good gestation and not far off full term hunny!

Any updates?

I'm living proof of being born at 34 weeks and being ok. I weighed 4lbs 6oz, spent a few days in intensive care and I'm absolutely fine :)

She had a beautiful baby GIRL!! She was 4 lbs 2oz and is in the NICU, but is doing great. they named her Morgan Grace and I got to see her when she was 2 hours old.. I am so in love They are both doing beautifully, God is so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->