HELP PLEASE ANYONE!!!! Lower Body Temperature in the Morning While Charting.

Kelx44

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just starting charting my body temperature in the morning to see when I ovulate and the last 8 days my temperature is between 96.0-97.0. My problem is my charts dont even go to 96 degress. I use 2 different thermometers too see and they are the same. Why is my temperature soooo low? Is it a concern? ANyone have this problem? It must be a problem if the charts dont even support 96 degrees.:dohh:

I wanted an answer for this same question...my bbt pre-o has been around 96.4 or 96.5 for the last 3 cycles. Its been as low as 96.1...it jumps a full degree or more after o, like in the mid 97 to 98, but those pre o temps seem so low!!!

I spent some time googling it and didn't really come up with anything. Traditional Chinese medicine mentions "cold uterus" so I am doing some recommended treatments in case I have that (I have some other symptoms of it as well).

I don't know if a low bbt is the reason we've not been able to concieve, but as far as this month, it looks like I have been a little successful in raising it a bit (well, I hope, anyways - today's, cd9, was 96.9, cd 8, 96.8) ... So we'll see I guess...

Some other reasons I saw for low bbt: sleeping with mouth open, low a/c and not being warm enough, under active thyroid...and the time you temp (earlier =lower temp)

Anyone get pregnant with bbt pre-o temps in the 96's consistently??

While hovering around 96 or 97 degrees is normal for some, the following conditions could also contribute to a suddenly or persistently low body temperature:

Hypothyroidism
Diabetes
Liver or kidney failure
Infection
Endocrine dysfunction
Side effect of certain medications
Excessive alcohol or drug use

Well I have a bladder condition and of course I wake up 5 times a night to go to the bathroom, So maybe thats what making it so low? And I have hypothydroid..But I take medication and have that checked regularly and its fine the doctor says....So I hope I see an obvious shift come ovulation time cause these numbers are off the charts!!!! lmao!

I have a similar bbt with pre-O temps in the 96 range and post-O in the 97s. I've read that 96-98 is normal so I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't conceived yet so I can't really give any insight other than you aren't alone!

i wake during night to go toilet to, my temps before o usually around 36.2 sometimes driop to 35.9 before O then back up tio 36.5 to 36.8 never gotten to 37

So, I asked around on the pregnancy board and women did get pregnant with pre o temps in the 96 range! Good news!!!
it was also recommended to temp vaginallly but I just don't think I can lol

you should try the free version of fertility friend online, their charts go low
Also, what time do you temp? I do it at exactly 7am, I wonder if that's considered early or late? I always get up at 3am because that's when hubby gets up for work...then I am usually in a deep sleep when my alarm goes off at 7, maybe that could explain my low temp :D
I find that if I don't get a restful sleep, or if I get up again after 3, my temp raises.

i try temp around 6am as thats when i normally wake up ready to get school stuff done for kiddies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->