help please dont know what to do :(

ALY

spammy sexington
Reaction score
my 4 nearly 5 year old little girl has become a handful i cant leave her for 2 seconds :nope: cos if i do she does things that are really naughty :cry:

examples of what she gets up to :blush:
takes the fish out of fish tank and puts them in a pan while she pours water all over the dinning room
goes into the cupbord and tries to emptie everthing she can open onto the floor
empties flour all over the house
puts things into hiding places and wont tell us where they are
sneaks ood upstairs into her bedroom
draws on walls
screams and shouts all the time
paddys when things dont go her way
paints the bathroom tiles and the dog
puts things up her nose or into her ears all of which she has had to go to hospital for
drinks things that also ends up going to hospital
she climbs upto the top of the cupbords to get thing that are harmful for her
and has even let samsam out of the front door :blush: (i have to hide the keys and lock the door at all times)

now i have tried everything to make her behave but she doesnt listen just thinks everything is a game and i really dont know what to do with her anymore its getting to the point that i cant leave her in the room while i make a drink or dinner :cry:

please someone must have some advice for me as im starting to wonder if something is up with her :dohh:

aww hun, she sounds full of beans! i work with parents who r having issues with their children's behaviour! have u tried star charts and time out etc with her? are there any local support groups in ur area that u could go to?xx

yeah i have tried both things with her and they dont work :cry:
as for support groups we have been but hasnt helped at all :dohh:

im running out of ideas on what to try as eveything i do she just laughs :blush:
i take toys away she doesnt get them back but she isnt bothered :nope:

Has she always been a handful Aly or has this just started? If it has just started then when did it start and can you think of any change that might have been a trigger?

Could it be attention seeking? How is she generally with Samsam?

What does she like to do/play with .... what means a lot to her?
:hugs::hugs:

Has she always been a handful Aly or has this just started? If it has just started then when did it start and can you think of any change that might have been a trigger?

Could it be attention seeking? How is she generally with Samsam?

What does she like to do/play with .... what means a lot to her?

she has always been like this :blush:
she gets on fine with samsam they have there moments where they fight but thats only like any other brothers and sisters :flower:
she loves to watch anything with barbie init she goes into her own little world :dohh:
i can say she doesnt seem to understand facial looks as when im mad and everyone else can see it she doesnt i dont know if this is normal or not :shrug:

Oh Lordy .... a change in behaviour is so much easier to deal with LOL

What is she like at nursery/school?

Not noticing facial expressions could be some level of Autism, but it could just as easily be that she ignores them :shrug:

Could you try star charts again, but make them for quite short periods ... 3 shifts a day kind of thing (morning,afternoon,evening) and make them Barbie oriented .... maybe a home made Barbie princess chart with the rewards being watching a Barbie video (which she doesn't get to watch at other times), maybe Barbie stickers, Barbie colouring books (used under supervision to save the walls :haha:), Half an hour with you, playing with Barbies .... simple stuff that doesn't cost the earth :hugs:

If that works then you could try gradually stretching the time periods required for a reward, or keeping the 3 shifts but letting her 'save' her stars for a larger reward.

thankyou babes i will try the charts agin :thumbup:

she was the same at nursery but she could tell them everything they said even if she wasnt payin attention:blush: but she starts full time in sept so maybe it will calm her down and tire her out :shrug: i well i hope it does :wacko: lol

thankyou for reading babes :kiss:

One of my daughters turned 4 in July and over Summer break she has been very mischievious. They have 11 weeks off so think she is bored at times. I have 3 other children so I try to give them individual time . She loves practising her 'letters' , writing her name etc. I know how tiring it can be, sometimes it feels she is seeing how far she can push me,

well robyn starts school monday so i hope she comes home tired :blush:

she can be a sweet little thing when she wants to but its not very often :nope:

thanks for reading

ohhhh and how do you go on with 11 weeks :flower: i think i would be rocking in a corner :blush: lol

We are based in Saudi and back here for Summer break. 11 weeks is tooooooo long. Hubby still in Saudi so keeping 4 children occupied on my own is hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->