**help please**how much notice to give to end my job- on maternity leave now

Zaki

Reaction score
Hi everyone , thank you for reading and helping !

Short story :

Maternity leave is due to end on 09.03 and that is when I suppose to go back to work. My work place is nasty and bosses are cruel so don't want to go back there specially after having a baby !
So I am looking for new job once on maternity leave .
NOW:

How much notice I would have to give my current employer to end the contract if I decided that I am not going back there on 09.03 as I found new job ?

If for any reason I can't find a new job but I don't want to go back to that horrible job of mine but keep looking for new , when would I have to let HR know that I am not returning in March but extending my maternity let's say till May ? I know by law they have to keep my job secure for 12 months . As horrible as they are I don't want to burn the bridges in case if nothing new is found and at least I still have job to go back to .

Please help me with those questions :) thank you so much in advance

I think you need to just give your notice period - usually one month although if you are wanting to take a full year's maternity you would need to inform your workplace too. You don't get any statutory maternity pay for the last 3 months though x

You need to be careful too if you're receiving an additional maternity package from your place of work - if you are then you'll need to check policy. With mine I need to return for three months else I need to pay back the half pay I receive.

Good luck

Hi everyone , thank you for reading and helping !

Short story :

Maternity leave is due to end on 09.03 and that is when I suppose to go back to work. My work place is nasty and bosses are cruel so don't want to go back there specially after having a baby !
So I am looking for new job once on maternity leave .
NOW:

How much notice I would have to give my current employer to end the contract if I decided that I am not going back there on 09.03 as I found new job ?

If for any reason I can't find a new job but I don't want to go back to that horrible job of mine but keep looking for new , when would I have to let HR know that I am not returning in March but extending my maternity let's say till May ? I know by law they have to keep my job secure for 12 months . As horrible as they are I don't want to burn the bridges in case if nothing new is found and at least I still have job to go back to .

Please help me with those questions :) thank you so much in advance

I think that it is just your normal notice.

They only keep YOUR job for you for ORDINARY maternity leave - 26 weeks - anything after that is classed as additional - even though you get smp for 39 weeks (so stupid and purposefully confusing!)

https://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scot...ur_employment_rights_while_on_maternity_leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->