Help Please - I don't know how to.....

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
...... Get Lewis into any sort of routine, it's starting to get me down :cry: He's 8 weeks old now and I feel he should be getting into some kind of routine.

The following is what's going on, so if anyone has got any help or advice this tired, stressed out mummy would really appreciate it. :hugs:

He was bf for 6 weeks but now he's ff.
He'll wake up for a feed screaming hungry every 2, 3 or 4 hours.
He'll can take either 3, 4, 5 or 6 oz at a feed.
Sometimes he falls asleep whilst feeding and no amount of trying to wake him up will work.
Bedtime is always bottle, bath, story and bed, but the time he has his bottle can vary by 2 hours so there's no set time he actually goes to bed

Any ideas on how I can improve things??? :shrug: xx

:hugs: For Hannah we always make up 5 ounces bottles, how much she eats varies between feeds but she generally goes about 4 hours between. During the day we don't have a routine, she sleeps when she wants. In the evening (after her evening nap--anywhere from 6-7:30) we give her a bath and depending on when she last ate give her a bottle (most nights she eats at 8-8:30) and than bed. We dream feed her about 10, however much she'll take (that's a 3 ounce bottle), and she goes right back down. She sleeps until 4-5ish for another feed, than she wakes about every hour until 8 or so when we get up for the day. Not the greatest routine but it works for us.

Chloe is nearly 11 weeks and has no routine, she sleeps and feeds when she wants, she is sorting herself out into one slowly

ffion isnt in a routine yet and shes 4months next week! the only routine she has is her bedtime routine :(

It will come on its own.Once he gets little odler you can sort out night routine with him.Just give him a bedtime bath and nappy change and put his pj's on and he'll get the hang of it.
:hugs:

No fixed routine either as yet & Jack is over 5 mths! We have a sort of thing going which is wake up, bottle, solids (if time of day) playtime then sleep, awake time is normally about 2 hrs then approx 45 mins sleep if we're lucky then it starts again, so he is on a 3 hourly schedule, but the times of going to sleep, going to bed etc are all over the place. I can't bath him as part of a routine, as a bath winds him up:dohh: He won't go down without being rocked to sleep either in my arms or his bouncy chair, & when i do put him into his cot he will wake maybe 3/4 times before settling for good. It does get me down, but it isn't his fault, I don't have a daily routine myself so I am not really worried at the moment - as long as he gets enough sleep we're ok (if he doesn't he is ratty all day!) & I'm sure we will sort one out that fits him when he is good & ready.

Thanks ladies, it's good to know I'm not the only one :blush: I'm not sure I like the possibility of this lasting another 3 months though :dohh:

Bless him, he is worth it though. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"