Help please! Is this a kidney stone?

channy3232

Reaction score
Last night my back started to hurt. I put a heat pad on it and it helped somewhat. The pain wasn't severe, but achy. So this morning I woke up and it seemed to be a little worse. So I put heat on it again, but this time its not helping. And the pain seems to be moving around to my side and occasionally I'll get pains in the front that almost feel like period cramps. I do currently have AF but I never get cramps 3 days in. It's a weird pain, almost feels like when I had back labor with my son, but farther to the outside. And I've had lots of back pain in my life. I went to physical therapy for sciatica etc. This doesn't feel like typical back pain. It doesn't get worse when I move certain ways and doesnt get better if I stretch like muscular pain would. I'm lying in bed with heat on it and without moving it does get worse wnd then better and then worse. Like contractions. Lol It peaks and then subsides, etc. Could it be a small stone? I've always heard how excrutiating kidney stones are and this certainly isn't excrutiating, but its annoying for sure. I'm drinking a lot of water to try to flush it out.

Could be a kidney infection? Drink lots of water and go see a GP tomorrow x

No, kidney stones are agonizing. I was rolling about in pain and projectile vomiting. Worse than childbirth!

I don't have a fever or anything. And no urge to pee or pain when peeing. I don't know but its starting to hurt more.

No, kidney stones are agonizing. I was rolling about in pain and projectile vomiting. Worse than childbirth!

Yeah that's what I've heard. But I've heard you can have small ones and have mild pain so I don't know. I guess I'll just ride it out and see what happens.

Well the pain got worse until it peaked with what I described to my husband as a 20 minute contraction in my back. I was on my hands and knees rocking back and forth. Nothing helped it. Then POOF! It went away! I have had little twinges of pain down low in the front like in my bladder area but that's it. I do think it was a tiny stone or "sand" as I've heard it called. I just hope its over and doesnt come back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->