help please :) ????

emilyjade

mummy of two!
Reaction score
wheatabix v readybreck???

whaat would you give your little ones?
whats better for them?
and do i make it with milk (adult/baby) or water?

ideas please :flower:

We have both (although not at the same time lol!!) Once LO is 6 months old Whole Milk is OK in food and cereal and add some fruit like mashed banana to jazz it up a bit!

Archie won't eat Ready brek he just doesn't like it but he LOVES Wheetabix so that sorted that out! Also we use whole milk and warm it up slightly.

xx

i would give a variety hun, so both and some others too x

I tried Izzy on readibrek and she simply will not eat it, yet she guzzles the C&G porridge...to be fair readibrek is pretty bland on its own so I cant blame her.

weetabix is great too

in fact after the 6 months they can have all the cereal we have (the plain stuff obviously!) , Izzy has rice krispies (quite tricky though lol).

rice krispies sound like a good idea! :thumbup: I always panic a bit about cereals as some of them have hidden sugar don't they? Rice Krispies would be good though as I assume it is only rice?

xx

I believe it is free of the "nasties" I haven't tried Rice Crispies yet, must get some this week!

rice krispies sound like a good idea! :thumbup: I always panic a bit about cereals as some of them have hidden sugar don't they? Rice Krispies would be good though as I assume it is only rice?

xx

hmm you'd think, not quite unfortunately! https://www.kelloggs.co.uk/products/ricekrispies/Cereal/rice_krispies.aspx a baby bowl size (about half a adult portion) has about 1/4 of the baby allowance of salt.
It has added goodies though, which is good: Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12.

Sugar wise, yes there is some in there, about 1.5g in a baby bowl size - but not a huge amount in the amount they would eat, a bit of sugar is healthy.

xx

hmm you'd think, not quite unfortunately! https://www.kelloggs.co.uk/products/ricekrispies/Cereal/rice_krispies.aspx a baby bowl size (about half a adult portion) has about 1/4 of the baby allowance of salt.
It has added goodies though, which is good: Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12.

Sugar wise, yes there is some in there, about 1.5g in a baby bowl size - but not a huge amount in the amount they would eat, a bit of sugar is healthy.

You see! This is why I get scared! :dohh: Thanks for the info xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->