Help pls bleeding 15w5

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Sunday I was admitted to hosp with bleeding, (pink and only when I wiped) no pain etc. They said my cervix was closed and scan showed hb and movement.

All has been fine until this morning when I woke up bleeding, but heavy bleeding, in the bed and also when I went to the toilet it was red and not pink. Iv been to hosp, again my cervix is closed there is a bit of blood inside but it's not "pooling" as the doc put it. I was told thy couldn't scan me and to go back tomorrow at 150! I'm so nervous and snxious iv just paid for a private scan where movement was seen, hb heard 148 bpm and conf I'm having a boy. Iv hot home, no blood on my pad but blood when I wiped and the tiniest bloody clot/jelly thing on wiping...
I'm not sure what to think, do etc has anyone else had this at all?
Thankyou
H xx

i have no advice to give, i'm not familiar with bleeding during pregnancy, but just wanted to say that i'm sure your little guy will be just fine! :)

I had the exact same thing when I was on my 8th-9th week. I has small clots and very heavy bleeding. I went to the ER and they told me the same thing they told you. The baby was healthy and okay. The doctor says this happens to some people and not to worry unless you continue to bleed heavy. I continued to bleed but only a little. It was only heavy that day. Since then, every baby appointment has looked good and my doctor said that the bleeding shouldn't happen anymore. It is very scary...but stay positive! :hugs:

Hello, I had a similar experience at 19wks, I woke up and had a large bleed as I got out of bed, then passed a large clot too. I was terrified, and also admitted into hospital for 3 days. I have a cervical stitch in place along with a low lying placenta, however a scan confirmed the baby was absolutely fine, and stitch still holding fine.
I had another tiny bleed a week later, but since then nothing. (4 weeks) my ticker is very out of date..This is baby no:4.
I am under consultant care due to the cervical stitch and her advice was to take things easier, which seems to be working. The baby seems completely fine, and totally unaware of all the drama surrounding him.
Good luck, take it easy as much as you can, and wishing us all a healthy, happy pregnancies!

Hello, I had a similar experience at 19wks, I woke up and had a large bleed as I got out of bed, then passed a large clot too. I was terrified, and also admitted into hospital for 3 days. I have a cervical stitch in place along with a low lying placenta, however a scan confirmed the baby was absolutely fine, and stitch still holding fine.
I had another tiny bleed a week later, but since then nothing. (4 weeks) my ticker is very out of date..This is baby no:4.
I am under consultant care due to the cervical stitch and her advice was to take things easier, which seems to be working. The baby seems completely fine, and totally unaware of all the drama surrounding him.
Good luck, take it easy as much as you can, and wishing us all a healthy, happy pregnancies!

In case my rambling wasn't clear, the bleed was unrelated to the stitch..They said it could have been caused by the placenta, but a scan didn't show either way.

In case my rambling wasn't clear, the bleed was unrelated to the stitch..They said it could have been caused by the placenta, but a scan didn't show either way.

Even though iv had the scan I'm just so anxious! Can't get horrible thoughts out of my head, the doctors didn't say why else I could be bleeding, just put threatened miscarriage on my notes!

H xx

I know how you feel.��
It is a truly terrifying thing to see, when all the time wondering how your tiny baby can possibly still be ok in there.
I am still super paranoid every time I use the bathroom I will see blood.
Can you ask about progesterone suppositories? I am on them anyway because of the stitch, but I have heard people who have had bleeding have also been prescribed them. Apparently it helps to keep your uterus from contracting and is good for the cervix too.
Try to take some reassurance from the fact baby is happy and healthy in there, when I had my 20wk scan, the sonographer said a swift boot to the placenta from baby would be enough to cause bleeding.

Xx

No advice, hope all is ok, sure it will be just try and put your feet up xx

Don't have any advice as I haven't experienced bleeding during pregnancy, but I hope everything is ok.

If it helps I think they automatically put "threatened miscarriage" on your notes when you go in for bleeding. Hope it stops for you soon. I think it is a good idea to rest plenty and not do much bending or lifting.

I feel quite uncomfortable down below, a bit of pressure like your going to come on is best to describe it. I'm going to the toilet constantly checking and the bleeding has stopped but I'm just so anxious.
I'm going to the toilet and not much is coming out, I'm making myself question if I have a water infection as it's similar to how I felt when I did at 6 weeks but then I think it would have showed up on the dip stick? I had a swab Sunday so hoping the results will have come back when I'm at hospital tomorrow. Just trying to convince myself I think, iv got no idea what's going on 😢💔
Hxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ah, this must be torturous (sp?) for you, i am so so sorry your going through this.
I know what you mean about the keep going to the toilet to check for bleeding, i did this when i bled early on.
Its a constant hell whilst your in this limbo of the unknown.
Maybe take a warm bath, a milky drink and an early night. I know its not going to 'solve' anything for you, but the rest will help.

My thoughts (and if you don't mind, prayers) are with you.

Take care xxxxx

I feel quite uncomfortable down below, a bit of pressure like your going to come on is best to describe it. I'm going to the toilet constantly checking and the bleeding has stopped but I'm just so anxious.
I'm going to the toilet and not much is coming out, I'm making myself question if I have a water infection as it's similar to how I felt when I did at 6 weeks but then I think it would have showed up on the dip stick? I had a swab Sunday so hoping the results will have come back when I'm at hospital tomorrow. Just trying to convince myself I think, iv got no idea what's going on 😢💔
Hxx

Oh gosh, I hope you and baby are okay! I can't imagine the stress you feel seeing that at 15 weeks! I hope you get answers!!

Thankyou, il take anything at all that may help!

I had a bath earlier, trying to relax but as you said easier said than done.
I'm in bed as we speak, just keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow

H xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ah, this must be torturous (sp?) for you, i am so so sorry your going through this.
I know what you mean about the keep going to the toilet to check for bleeding, i did this when i bled early on.
Its a constant hell whilst your in this limbo of the unknown.
Maybe take a warm bath, a milky drink and an early night. I know its not going to 'solve' anything for you, but the rest will help.

My thoughts (and if you don't mind, prayers) are with you.

Take care xxxxx

Hxx

I feel really numb atm, don't know what to do or think and just in limbo (that sounds really dramatic I know) I'm holding onto the fact that hb was still there and he was moving around but I just can't stop thinking "what if this is just the start of something" it started sun but only very light bleeding, pink where as today it was awful and very scary.
After all the problems to start with I'd started to enjoy this pregnancy too!

H xx

Oh gosh, I hope you and baby are okay! I can't imagine the stress you feel seeing that at 15 weeks! I hope you get answers!!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a light bleed at 10 weeks and the root cause was never identified. My friend had a bleed at 25 weeks and again the reason was never found.

If they could see blood inside it's likely a sub chorionic haematoma. Most of the time they resolve themselves and just bleed out (it can take several weeks for bleeding to stop). But you should really take it easy because you need to let placenta re-attach itself properly.

Any chance you were overdoing it the past week?

Thinking of you and going it all turns out fine :hugs:

You may have an SCH. I bled between 9 and 18 weeks every day and initially very heavy (filled a super pad and soaked through my pjs and a doubly folded towel in an hour. Im now 29 weeks with no more bleeding and baby is currently booting my bladder so bleeding isnt always a sign of bad things to come x

With my last pregnancy, and now with this one, I have had bleeding a few times. The last time being last night. I went to the hospital and they used the doppler to check on baby, and the heartbeat was nice and strong.

It is hard to relax when you keep thinking what if... just keep your legs up and try to maintain calm. There are a lot of us who have this, so you are not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->