Help pls! Due date pushed back by 9 days, very large sac?

Fleur828815

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this might be long, sorry!

My last AF was on August 12, got a BFP on September 13. Average cycle is 29 days. I've got a tilted uterus.

September 14, 4W4D : 1st scan (abdominal). Thickened endometrium lining seen but nothing else.

Didn't have many symptoms, mainly very sore boobs especially in the morning, exhaustion and bloating/intestinal issues. These faded out over a week and I was left with only sore boobs until all of a sudden that also disappeared almost completely at 6W1D.

September 27, 6W3D : 2nd scan. Abdominal scan, sac seen (24.4 mm), as well as yolk sac but no fetal pole. The OB/Gyn did a vaginal scan and didn't see more. Only thing is on my notes, he wrote down sac size as 20 mm, only noticed that when I got back home so couldn't ask.

October 4, 7W3D : 3rd scan. There is an embryo (3.8 mm with a heartrate of 115 bpm). He pushed my dates back by 9 days (to 6 weeks 1 day instead of 7 weeks 3 days) and said I probably ovulated late, around 4-5 September, but I've never ovulated so late before, and I noted the dates we "tried" (last time was 31 August) so it would mean my DH's sperm was just hanging around for 5 days??? My gestational sac is also measuring VERY large, 38 mm.

So while I'm obviously happy we found an embryo with a heartbeat, I still can't stop stressing about measuring 9 days behind and the large sac.

Never got my bloods tested so have no idea about my levels. I don't really have any symptoms, just sore boobs but not as sore as they were in the beginning. The OB/gyn seemed happy enough but I've read all sorts of stories about similar cases which had negative outcomes so am not feeling very confident :(

Has anyone had a positive outcome after being pushed back so many days? Thanks.

No experience with a lot of what you are experiencing but I am currently pregnant with a baby made from swimmers that lurked for 5 days!

You're getting excellent care, Mom. With that big Gestational Sac (there's no actual Placenta yet, that Sac is the expanding Chorionic Membrane, which will be Transforming into the placenta here, really soon) you MIGHT be carrying a Pair... Just a thought...

Thanks for the replies ladies! Been staying off the Internet because I keep Googling and stressing myself out.

Congrats on your pregnancy Amelie!

MoDiSafety, I'll be overjoyed with one healthy baby, never thought of twins :wacko: Have to say that we definitely saw only one embryo at the last scan though, hoping it's still doing well.

I was pushed back 9 days at my first ultrasound (went from May 14th to May 22nd). That baby is now running around me dancing to The Little Mermaid. :haha: I also went a week over that due date, and had to be induced (so I went from May 14th to May 29th). As long as everything seems to be progressing and your medical provider isn't worried, try to relax. Could have just been a very strong/enduring swimmer! :hugs:

Sore boobs was my main symptom too. Didn't have morning sickness or any of the other common ones. Made for an easy pregnancy, so I had no complaints!

Hope everything works out for you. :flower:

At,my second scan my dates where pushed back a week then buy 9 weeks where put back to normal i also have a tilted womb shes now 2 :) xxx

just wanted to say im now pregnant from spermies that hung around for 7 whole days so its definatly possible that they hung around for 5 days hun ;)

Thanks everyone but unfortunately after being given good news two weeks ago, yesterday's scan showed that the baby stopped growing last week and doesn't have a hearbeat anymore :( Booked in for a D&C tomorrow, the OB/gyn said my sac is big and it'll be very painful if I try the tablets.

I wish that we hadn't had that momentary surge of hope for it to end up like this anyway. Looks like I was right about my dates and the embryo never grew properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->