Help, progestrone level low?

Mearly12

Reaction score
I just got my lab back for 14dpo, and my progestrone is only 13.6

With my last mc it was higher than that at 12dpo.

Should I be freaking out? Do I need to be on supplements. Anyone have a healthy pregnancy with a low level like this and not take supplements?

Still waiting on my beta lab.

Wish I had information/advice, but I've never had any blood work done before 7 weeks. I do hope everything turns out well though

Couple things-first off all, are you homozygous for the MTHFR C677T mutation? If so, then you need to be on high dose folate and probably a blood thinner of some sort too.

Second, your progesterone actually isn't the low for 4 weeks. I've had a 9.8 at 4 weeks (and the low end of the 'normal' for that gestation is 9.4) and while I did supplement, it didn't bring my progesterone levels up at all. However, if it would make you feel better about the pregnancy, then it really does no harm to ask for a prescription since supplementing isn't going to hurt the baby even if you don't need it.

Progesterone won't hurt you or the baby. If you're concerned about it being low, ask to be put on progesterone suppositories. Before IVF I was on 100mg 2x/day. Now that I did IVF, I'm on 200mg 2x/day until 10 weeks. I haven't had any side effects, and all it does is help support the pregnancy - it won't harm you.

Couple things-first off all, are you homozygous for the MTHFR C677T mutation? If so, then you need to be on high dose folate and probably a blood thinner of some sort too.

Second, your progesterone actually isn't the low for 4 weeks. I've had a 9.8 at 4 weeks (and the low end of the 'normal' for that gestation is 9.4) and while I did supplement, it didn't bring my progesterone levels up at all. However, if it would make you feel better about the pregnancy, then it really does no harm to ask for a prescription since supplementing isn't going to hurt the baby even if you don't need it.

I am homozygous a1298c, I'm on 81mg baby asprin daily, I take emerald labs prenatal made with methylfolate, and B complex + 5mg methylfolate from methylpro.

If my baby can live without progestrone supplements, then I don't want them, but everyone on my Facebook group acts like I'm going to miscarry because of my progestrone. Then I google it, and I see people supplementing when their progestrone is like 18.

If the healthy range Is from 9-44 in the first trimester, why are so many doctors giving progestrone out like candy?

Progesterone levels rise throughout pregnancy, but normally range between 12 and 20 nanograms per millilitre through the first five to six weeks of pregnancy. If you don’t have enough progesterone, you may have trouble getting or staying pregnant. If your progesterone levels are too low, your uterus may not be able to carry the baby to term. Increase your intake of vitamins B and C, which are necessary for maintaining progesterone levels;eat more foods with zinc, like shellfish.

I take cyclogest 400mg once a day. I'm in England and they said my levels were borderline with my DS who I was on progesterone with. My 5 prior pregnancys before DS ended in early mc. I'm now pregnant again and back on progesterone. There no harm to take it in your pregnancy if you are worried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->