Help! Questions about birth control....

mzswizz

Happy Jones Family!
Reaction score
I was on a low dose bcp called Generess FE since November 2012. And now dh and I want to ttc. So I stop the pill 3 days ago and the following day after the 1st missed pill, I started AF and its super heavy and bad cramping like my original AFs before I started bc. Now my questions are...is it possible to be an actual AF and I can start ttc after the bleeding or do I have to wait another cycle? Also, is it normal to start af literally after stopping the pill.

Everyone is different, but it is normal to start AF soon after you stop the pill. Since yours was low dose, it probably didn't take that long to get out of your system. It is perfectly fine to start trying the first month. Good luck :)

Thank you so much for your help. I was freaking out because I thought this was just some random bleed and my body was going to go all over the place and I kept reading that it takes MONTHS before it gets out your system and I would have to wait 4-6 weeks for AF so I didn't know what to think. I guess google can be our worst enemy at times :haha: If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been ttc?

10 very long years :)

You will start bleeding usually within a few days, but it may take a little bit for your ovulation to kick in.

Wow that's a very long time. I've only been ttc for 3 years and it feels like forever to me. And im just hoping that I atleast ovulate because my main issue in not getting pregnant was that I had irregular periods due to ovarian cysts so im hoping by now, it should have helped increase my change a little.

Definitely can happen straight away. Have a lot of friends who have conceived the same month they came off pill. Good Luck ! x xx

thank you bluestars. fxed that I can get a bfp that early. just patiently waiting for AF to end then its back to dtd with DH :haha: Hoping to finally get a bfp after m/c 3 years ago.

thank you bluestars. fxed that I can get a bfp that early. just patiently waiting for AF to end then its back to dtd with DH :haha: Hoping to finally get a bfp after m/c 3 years ago.

Hope i get a BFP after my boys too :( :dust: GL! <3

sorry for your loss bluestars. maybe we can end up bump buddies

im currently on cd2 and just awaiting for AF to go away. I don't know how long this AF will be because my normal AFsbefore taking bcps were 7 days so lets see if im eiher going to lasts 7 days or if I going to be like the bcps and lasts for only 4 days. Im hoping this bleeding is cut short.

Before I went on BC my af was 7-9 days when I came off they went dow to 4-5 days. Hopefully yours will go down too. Xxx

I hope so too. We shall see how long this one will be. I have only been on bc since November 2012 so I haven't been on that long.

I have been ttc for 3 yrs since my m/c in april 2010. I had recently got on bc in November 2012 for irregular periods and to get rid of my tiny ovarian cysts but DH and I have decided to start ttc now.

Ive been trying since March this year after loosing my twin boys. Not long but feels so much longer each month. How long have you been trying Rebe67cca? xx

after a miscarriage, every day that passes makes ttc feels longer than it is so that's normal. When I reached a year mark, it felt like forever. Hopefully it doesn't take long now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->