help re: sleeping on chest

amy.j

cautiously expecting :)
Reaction score
I posted a couple of weeks ago about Lo sleeping on my chest she will only settle on my chest. She is 3 weeks old I know it is not advisable and i deck should not do it as oh is a smoker I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat and if anyone had any tips for me i would love her to sleep in her Moses and then i might get to sleep on my side .........

Does she wake if you lift her off your chest into her basket?

Your baby loves the heat! I got round this by putting a hot water bottle in his moses basket and removing it just before u put them down gently! Worked a treat and I never looked back!

Yeh wss ^^ swaddling might work too - swaddle on your chest then she'll notice less when you put her down. The prince lionheart slumber bear plays womb noise too which might help your LO while she's still all brand new (aaw!) x

yeah as soon as I move her into the moses she wakes I tried the hot water bottle thing only once and failed :(

Yeh wss ^^ swaddling might work too - swaddle on your chest then she'll notice less when you put her down. The prince lionheart slumber bear plays womb noise too which might help your LO while she's still all brand new (aaw!) x

thanks I shall invest in one my hv advised not to swaddle :/

Different ppl give different advice about swaddling but the midwives swaddled Fin in hospital and we continued to do so while he was very small. There is a greater risk of them overheating so if you do swaddle her, don't use any other blankets and keep an eye on your room thermometer. Think they sell the bears on kiddicare - Fin loves his x

For the last feed before bed I used to take my top off then wrap Oliver's blanket from bed around me and him then when I moved him to his moses basket the blanket was warm and to him it smelt like mummy.

I'm having the same problem with my LO.
Muddles think i might try that tonight :thumbup:

i couldnt have lived with out swaddling still if she is having a bad night teething i will swaddle and she calms instantly. Like the other poster said just make sure the room isnt too warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->