HELP!! Registering baby (UK)

S

Serene123

Do I need to take anything with me atall? Proof of where I live, name, age? On the leaflet it says NOTHING about what should be taken so I assumed nothing was needed. Only now am I starting to worry that I have to take something and I have to register her in a couple of hours. HELP!

Thank god :rofl: I'm only worrying because she is 32 days today and they wouldn't be able to give me another appointment for 2 weeks. Then it would be too late.

i was panicing aswell , i thought there was no way that i didnt need to bring anything like proof of ID ect but you dont lol! just bring some money with you if you want to purchuse the whole birth certificate ( which you need for passports) ;)

maybe take something just incase they do ask hun

i didnt need anything either hun, just a cheque as we wanted an extra birth certificate in case one got lost in the post (to passport agency & child benefit agency)
i was worried i needed to take something, x

How much was the birth certificate? I know you get one free, but how much is the full one?

i think its about £7 -8?!!! definately under a tenner.

My extra copies were £3.50 each. And I took ID but didn't need it - they just ask for parents' full names, dates and places of birth and occupations x

My copies were £3.50 too and I was told to take the red book they gave me at the hospital. They did'nt need it though xXx

I did have to take something it was this a4 page about the details of him had his full name and weight ect on it they said i wouldnt be able to do it with out it xx

was 3.50 for my extra copy too xx

I too was given an A4 printout by hospital with all Jacks details on - I was halfway to the register office & realised I'd forgotten it so went all the way home, only to be told that I didn't need anything when I got there:dohh:
You just sit in an office & the registrar asks for all your details & fills them in on a computer, ask you to check the details carefully as they cannot be changed once entered , then prints out the short birth certificate which you then have to sign. I paid £3.50 for the long birth certificate too.

Definitely get a short and long one, you'll need the long for passports and use the short one to send away for your child benefit :)

I did have to take something it was this a4 page about the details of him had his full name and weight ect on it they said i wouldnt be able to do it with out it xx

was 3.50 for my extra copy too xx

Completely forgot about that! The blue printout you get in the hospital! Sorry... thought I'd get less forgetful after Sam was born but my brain still isn't any better. What am I going to be like after the next one?! x

I took the red book. All she wanted was to check her NHS number.

Yay she exists now!! :happydance:

:rofl:

we didnt take anything they had all the info of his birth on the computer x

A full one cost us £7

xxx

We bought 2, thats whay I was thinking £7.

I need more sleep lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"