Help...shaking after tooth extraction

FayDanielle

Mia's Mummy <3
Reaction score
My mum had her tooth pulled today, she had anasthetic to numb the area.

Shes now shaking uncontronably.
Her teeth are chattering, her hands and all over the place and she feels freezing but not so cold that she would be shaking this much.

Any ideas?

Hmmm not sure? might be nerves? or infection? I would ring NHS direct x

it could be shock but id def ring nhs direct or does the detist have a emergencey line they should be able to help you x

Hi I'm a dental nurse. Its prob just a bit of shock and also when you have an ext there is andrenaline in the LA (injection) which can cause shaking and palpatations. Give her a warm sugary drink to bring blood sugar back up (not too hot) and maybe a straw if you have one. If she hasnt eaten for a while try and get her to have a biscuit. Hope that helps x

shock...lay down, warm blankets. see the dr if rest and reassurance doesn't help

Not sure about the shaking but it really is horrid having a tooth out. i had a molar extracted 3 months ago and the pain was worse than my C Section and i'm not joking, it was hell. I was just living off painkillers for nearly a week and i had hardly any sleep, never again i hope!. I think it must be the shock of the pain, i wasn't ready for that pain, nobody warns you. I do hope she feels better soon and you get the reassurance you both need soon x

Quick update-
The out of hours doctor told us to call 999 asap!

So after a blue light job, she'd had a reaction to the anasthetic and was apparently given too much (3 injections in total) but shes tucked up in bed now, feeling a bit red faced after being sick infront of the paramedic, causing her to wee herself! Lol!!

xx

Sounds like her blood pressure has droped, this is very common after anesthetic.
I have bad reactions to it and was once given too much by a stupid dentist after I warned him that it takes age to kick in with me and I cant have too much, he gave me 5 jabs because it was taking too long then the whole lot kicked in at once and I ended up sleeping it off for over 24 hours shivering and being sick and just generaly talking like I was drunk the whole time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->