Help, symptoms making me crazy :/

Tangerine

Reaction score
First post here, I feel like I'm losing it. I know I should wait a bit longer for an accurate test result, but I have a lot of weird symptoms this month it's and making me crazy. :wacko: I know that *something* is definitely different this cycle.

SO and I have just been using withdrawal for the past 8 months or so, we're both hoping to delay starting a family for a bit but we know it's not reliable and we're ok with the risk. I don't know if that makes us *quite* NTNP or not, but anyway... Look at this and tell me what you think:

My usual cycle is a very regular 29-30 days with 6 day MP, I tend to ovulate around day 13-14 (going by CM). My cycle started Aug 2, I'm now CD 23.

CD 1 - 6: Usual AF heavy then tapering off to nothing
CD 8: Started bleeding again (heavily! like the first heavy days of AF)
CD 9-10: More bleeding, med-light flow
CD 11: (tmi) BD, SO didn't withdraw because I still had some light flow/spots (oops!). I noticed it was mixed with egg white CM but thought I wouldn't OV so soon after AF. :dohh: Didn't BD again until CD 18. From CM and symptoms I think this might actually be the day I did OV. Maybe a little off because AF was weird.

CD 16/5 DPO: Very teary and irritable, mood swings. Really unusual for me, I don't get any swings with PMS/AF, even according to SO. Creamy CM.
CD 19/8 DPO: Noticed dark pink spotting on TP mixed creamy CM, used a small tampon but it came out with only a few brown drops when I took it out a few hours later. I have NEVER had spotting at this point in my cycle before. Gassy.
CD 20/9 DPO: Nothing much, more CM. Still gassy (ugh) and some very light cramps.
CD 21/10 DPO: Oh WOW. Spotting all day, mostly light pink with a few drops of red on TP with creamy wet CM. Stronger cramps for a few hours in the evening, thought I was getting AF early for SURE, but she never showed. I only get cramps with AF, not PMS. I am very thirsty, peeing a lot, feeling flushed. Tender/tingly nipples and gassy.
CD 22/11 DPO: Very light pink/tan coloured creamy CM, more cramps in the morning that got lighter later. Breasts are sensitive/tender with sore nipples. Nauseated, SO was working in the garage and I *gagged* on gas fumes. I had to make him change his clothes when he came inside because the smell was making me queasy, BLEH. Got up twice in the night to pee! Gassy.
CD 23/12 DPO (Today!): So far spotting is gone, no sign of AF at all. Very mild crampy feeling. Wet/creamy CM. Still queasy and thirsty, making lots of bathroom trips and my boobs are hurting. Oh, and I'm gassy! :wacko:

I was scared and talked to a RN when I noticed the spotting/cramps, she said it might be implantation and told me I need to wait a few days and take a HPT. :dohh: Apparently you absolutely CAN O right after a long period! :dohh: I'm honestly trying to convince myself it's a really strange cycle, and I'm just paranoid/imagining things but I've never had spotting or cramps other than AF before. I can't just dream up spotting or AF type cramps! I want to wait long enough to get an accurate HPT but I have so many symptoms it's making me feel crazy.

My much younger, single sister just delivered a baby boy on the 18th. It's not the best time and I'm really not comfortable talking to anyone in my close circle about this right now. I came here for some support/opinions while I'm waiting to test, trying to stay sane. I don't want to say anything about it to SO until I'm sure. We're going shopping tonight, I want to sneak-buy a few HPTs and test in a few days. What do you think?

I don't want to alarm you hun but it sounds like prego symptoms to me....though thats REALLY quick to get all those symptoms. I could be wrong about that though...every pregnancy is different. I def had sore sensitive nipples when I got prego (my first sign). I didn't have any implantation bleeding or random spotting, but i hear about that A LOT. The only thing you can do really is wait for an accurate preg test. Or you can request a blood test to get your HCG count. Good luck!! In the mean time I would act like you are pregnant that way if you do become pregnant you'll be prepared. What I mean is no meds, drinking, smoking, and what not. I got a false negative with my son and went home and smoked my hookah only to get a positive 2 days later...i felt like a shmuck! Obviously I was under the impression that I wasn't prego but I still felt horrible. He is perfectly healthy though :). Don't freak yourself out though! Your brain can actually make up symptoms if you think about it too much. I am NOTORIOUS for that one lol. Good luck sugar!!! I hope everything turns out the way you planned.

I know, I'm fighting myself to not rip open a test tonight as soon as I get them. I'm not expecting AF until next week, it would probably be negative, I would just have to do it again, and be out $10. I wasn't even thinking I would get pregnant while AF was still hanging around (duh) until I talked to the nurse about spotting/cramps etc., and she said it sounds like implantation. :dohh: I'm already feeling pretty stupid about that. :blush:

I know my brain can "make up" symptoms too, I was convinced when we started withdrawal I would be pregnant in 10 minutes, but it's worked quite well for us (until now, I guess). The nausea, boobs could be in my head, but the spotting wasn't. To be honest I would probably be more surprised if AF did show up at this point but I want to be prepared for any result.

On the night my nephew was born SO said he would love to have our own but I'm sure he didn't mean RIGHT NOW. :laugh2: We're renovating the house, but still in a much better position than my sister was, and I know SO would be excited after he got over the surprise. She just turned 20, living at her BF's parents' house with a baby and studying at home now. My family has been pushing us to start a family for a while but my nephew isn't even a week old yet. :wacko:

I know, I'm fighting myself to not rip open a test tonight as soon as I get them. I'm not expecting AF until next week, it would probably be negative, I would just have to do it again, and be out $10. I wasn't even thinking I would get pregnant while AF was still hanging around (duh) until I talked to the nurse about spotting/cramps etc., and she said it sounds like implantation. :dohh: I'm already feeling pretty stupid about that. :blush:

I know my brain can "make up" symptoms too, I was convinced when we started withdrawal I would be pregnant in 10 minutes, but it's worked quite well for us (until now, I guess). The nausea, boobs could be in my head, but the spotting wasn't. To be honest I would probably be more surprised if AF did show up at this point but I want to be prepared for any result.

On the night my nephew was born SO said he would love to have our own but I'm sure he didn't mean RIGHT NOW. :laugh2: We're renovating the house, but still in a much better position than my sister was, and I know SO would be excited after he got over the surprise. She just turned 20, living at her BF's parents' house with a baby and studying at home now. My family has been pushing us to start a family for a while but my nephew isn't even a week old yet. :wacko:

I know it can be stressful. Our son was planned for but my husband and I are VERY young. (He's 23 I'm 21). We got married, bought a house, had a beautiful boy and are now striving for another LO. The pressure can be alot and when ppl see us I'm sure that we look like some late "16 and pregnant" tv stars lol. :wacko: But little do they know we are totally happy and well equipped.

I'm always getting symptoms it seems :blush: i just took a test last night actually and booby soreness only to get a BFN. Ugh I'm so impatient lol.

I'm anxious to see your results!! Keep me posted :hugs:

I know it can be stressful. Our son was planned for but my husband and I are VERY young. (He's 23 I'm 21). We got married, bought a house, had a beautiful boy and are now striving for another LO. The pressure can be alot and when ppl see us I'm sure that we look like some late "16 and pregnant" tv stars lol. :wacko: But little do they know we are totally happy and well equipped.

I'm always getting symptoms it seems :blush: i just took a test last night actually and booby soreness only to get a BFN. Ugh I'm so impatient lol.

I'm anxious to see your results!! Keep me posted :hugs:

It sounds like you and your husband really have it together, it dies

Sorry, I was trying to post from my phone, and I can't figure out how to edit/remove that? I hit the wrong button and posted accidentally.

Well, I tested (faintly) positive yesterday so I guess my intuition was right. Unfortunately I have been spotting off and on for the past week, and today I have more bleeding and worse cramps. My doctor thinks it's a chemical pregnancy; I am a bit higher risk because I have an autoimmune disease. I think it's just not the right time for us yet. :( I'm ok, I know it happens a lot and it will be much better for our future family when the right time does come along. :hugs:

Please don't worry about what anyone thinks about your age, it sounds like you really have it together. I'm 28, SO is 30 and we know plenty of people our own age, raising children that they still aren't really prepared to have. My sister was 19, in her first year at uni and.... "forgot" to refill her BC pills for a month and a half! Apparently she didn't think to use a back up method either. Her BF was 21, not in school or working, still living with his parents, and doesn't even have a drivers license. :dohh: My nephew is adorable but she made a lot of questionable choices there. :shrug:

Hi Tangerine! I'm sorry to hear about the spotting and hope its not a chemical pregnancy but a real sticky one. Good luck to you xx

Thanks hun, we're just letting things be and waiting to see what happens, unless my symptoms get worse. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but still stay positive and take it easy. I want to wait to even take any more HCG tests unless my doctor really forces the issue, I will just stress about it too much. :nope: It's still very early and I've only had mild cramps, always in the centre, so he said he's OK with taking a hands off approach for now. If it is going to stick around it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->