Help! Think i miscarried and may never know for sure...

annayarb

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me gain some closure... i think i had a miscarriage yesterday (came as quite a shock because I didn't know I was pregnant....) but I'm just filled with doubt because I never knew beforehand and may never know.

My husband & I were using contraception but I distinctly remember not being completely careful the last time we had sex. I also remember it was when I was ovulating. A few weeks later I went back on the pill, so assumed my missed period was just because I had jacked up my hormones... (my period would have been due a month ago now... minimum 3 weeks max 5. always hard to tell as I'm never that regular... but i never miss).

I had pregnancy symptoms, but just put these down to going back on the pill. Mind you, I had been on this particular pill before and NEVER had symptoms. Of any kind. But I was basically constantly nauseated for a couple of weeks, put on weight, swollen breasts etc...

A week or so ago I started spotting (brown blood). A few days ago I had cramps, but I put this down to finally having a period. My period pains are always bad, so didn't think anything of it.

Two days ago I was bleeding more and used a tampon or two... then went to the bathroom an hour after putting a tampon in and saw blood when I wiped. I remember being shocked because it was in for so little time. The blood was bright red. I went to remove it and several large fleshy chunks came out with it. I was shocked and examined it on a tissue. I'm no stranger to blood clots by the way, I get these frequently so I was really freaked because I knew it wasn't that and I'd never seen anything like it. One piece in particular was a few inches and grayish in color with a kind of lumpy texture... almost like a lumpy kind of tube. Another had a long stringy piece of what looked like blood vessel attached to another chunk of fleshy stuff.

I was really panicked and obviously not thinking straight (considering I had no thought to even being pregnant) so I flushed it all without thinking.

I started looking things up online and so many descriptions matched my symptoms. I found pictures that were almost identical to what came out.

That day I had excruciating migraines (which I never get). I read that this can be caused by the sudden release of hormones when you miscarry.

I took a test yesterday and it was negative, but many stories I read said if the pregnancy was very early many tests don't show. I also read of people that said their doctor couldn't even give them a definite answer.

I don't have health insurance at the minute so the doc is kind of out for me. And even if I could go I couldn't get an appointment any time soon... and I know it wouldn't change the loss, if there was one. It just sucks not having medical "proof", so to speak.

Any advice from those who have miscarried early?

Like I said, I had a ton of symptoms, some of which I could maybe explain away but the thing that is haunting me is that tissue. It was just like the explanations and pictures I saw. Grayish and very fleshy. The one thing I am positive of in all this was that it wasn't clots. i've also lost a few pounds of weight since last week... I was 115 and now I'm at 12.5.

Any thoughts would be SO appreciated. I know that I will probably not ever get a definitive answer, but it would help me get some closure if I could hear similar experiences. If I had a loss I don't want to just forget about my baby because I never had anything written on paper. xx

Update for anyone in a similar situation:
Talked to health professional, they said they couldn't accurately get results at this stage but looks like it was a miscarriage :(

What did you ask your doctor?

Asking because I passed one clot that sounds like the one you described and another this morning that had a ton of grayish tissue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->