Help! TTC & Crazy Cycles

candyttc

Reaction score
Please help! My husband and I decided that we would start ttc this past August. I went off of bc and we started trying immediately. After 30 days of no cycles, I began taking vitex (1400 mg) in order to get things going again. Within 10 days, I got a light four day cycle. It look af a total of 44 days. I assumed that being on vitex, a prenatal, and b6, my cycles would start shortening after the 44 day cycle.. although that hasn't been the case.

Since then, I am at CD 50 with no sign of af. I'm not sure when/ if I ovulated, since I just started tracking my temperatures and saliva. Now I am at a crossroads.. how long should I wait before I seek the help of a doctor? In total, I have been off birth control for almost four months. Should I remain on vitex or try going off of it for a few weeks?

I forgot to add... I took a pregnancy test on CD28 and got a BFN. So I highly doubt that's the reason for my long cycle.

If you feel your cycles are too long you can go see a doctor now. However if you're wondering how long until you can see a fertility doctor its 12 months of actively trying or 6 months if over 35. I would suggest seeing a gynecologist about your long cycles though, just to rule out anything bad.

Thank you HCas! Yes, I was referring to a gynecologist. I'll go ahead and make an appt. Good to know about the fertility doctor time frame as well. :flower:

Your body needs time to adjust to coming off birth control. Some people go back to regular cycles right away; others take months for things to return to normal. I had 1 cycle right on time the month after stopping BCP, then nothing for 5 months. I had been taking regular pregnancy tests during that time, and one day it was positive! So you can still ovulate and get pregnant after a really long time of no cycle. Good luck with ttc!

I would stop taking any herbs or supplements other then a multivitamin/ prenatal and see if your body starts having cycles on its own.

Thank you LittleNugget and lisap2008! It gives me hope that there's still a chance of pregnancy with long cycles.

Also, I stopped taking the vitex and maca for now. I'm taking a prenatal, b6, and D3. Hopefully things start regulating again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->