HELP!UK, Pregnant, Disabled.

MummyBaron

3yrOldBoy&24wPregg
Reaction score
Need some advice really girls.
I've had fibromyalgia since I was 15 after having glandjala fever. The true symptoms of it however only developed after having my son a year later.
I've got loose discs in my spine which move around and catch my nerves so cause pain but also cause paralysis when this happens and have been told if they trap the nerve I will need surgery to stop the paralysis becoming permanent. All the pain and problems only came to light after my little boy was born. I had a natural labor although I had to be induced at 41+6 as he weren't for coming out.
I also have some mental health problems.
I'm now 22 weeks pregnant with my second and have had spd since 6 weeks I am really struggling walking and coping in general. I'm on the strongest pain killers they can safely give me at home and see a physio monthly and well as a consultant.
I have herd that fibromyalgia can be made worse after a vaginal delivery although the the physio has said that I can safely deliver a baby vaginally. And the consultant wouldn't even talk about a c-section or early induction.

I have tried so many times to express my concerns with the midwife and consultant but feel no one is on my side.
I know all the pro's and con's of both natural and cesarean birth and I really do not think I can cope with a natural labour.
They have said that I can have an epidural as soon as pain starts but my physio has said that I need to be up and active in labour as it's best for my back. This would leave me in complete agony and if I have a long labour i'm worried of the damage physically and mentally being subjected to this would cause.

I feel no one will listen to me and I've even said to my partner I would rather not be having another baby now as it's all too much and I feel I can't go on like this. I'm miserable and no one is listening.

Any of you ladies had anything similar? How did you get your c-sections or get them to listen and understand?
I wanted a home birth with my first so it's not like i'm someone who just wants the 'easy way' out and I know all the downsides to a c-section but I really feel they out way the other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->