help us out here

vejables

Reaction score
alright ladies, i think my dh and i need some success stories about having your first child when it maybe wasnt the best time financially. we are getting a little freaked because i would like to stay home for a while, and do not know if dh could swing my massive student loans without me contributing. :hissy:

thanks in advance!!!

Hun you will have child tax credits and child benifit each month which helps ... its not a huge amount but it does help!
You should get some kind of SMP or something while your off so look into it.
I managed on my own then i met my wonderful OH, you don't have to buy the most expensive of everything sweetheart ... there not in it 5 mins!

xxx

what smp if you dont mind my asking? and how do i sign up for all these things? im not very world wise yet, being only 22! :)

Statitory maternity pay and those are benifits we have in UK sorry hun, teach me to read lol

xxx

so since i live in the united states im screwed?

No not at all vejables.
Since most of us are in the UK were not clued up to what sort of help/benefits that are avalaible to you.

Best i can suggest for now is write out yout incomings and outgoings and see if theres anywhere you can cut back on something.

Hmmm whos US & has kids here ... Might be able to help.

*Can't think* DOH

c'mon guys, please!! we really need someone from the u.s.

We are mainly UK hun.

Members are building up from the US but alot of us wouldn't know :( The US girls may not read the first tri.

Is there no where in US you can get advice on this kind of thing?

x

I'll pm the girls and see if they can looksie & help hun x

Ok, you came to the right place. lol

When I got pregnant with my first I was 19 and just got my first place. We where living on cup a noodle, and I didn't even think I could feed myself enough to have a healthy baby, (she was a beautiful 9 pound girl) We lived with a little assistances from the government, it was the WIC program.

with my second I had just left my boyfriend moved 12 hours away to Oregon and found out he left me with a surprise. lol I was in a place I had never been, I knew no one and I ended up having to come back to California broke as could be and live with my dad.

I was out of his place in 6 months and was able to go back to school and live off finical aid while she was in the college day care that was paid for by the state.

My suggestion to you is if you have set down and you know it wont work, and you also don't want you child in day care 40 hours a week, then you should work 3 days a week, 2 of them being his days off so he can watch the baby and then one day in a day care setting.

My second suggestion is something I had to do with my first which was baby sit a few other kids so you can stay in your home and still help out with the bills.

And my last which i do not suggest becuase it becomes hard to stay a happy couple when you never see each other but should still be considered is working days and him nights or vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->