help very sore nipples

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
Really need some advice, were only 2 days in and I'm in so much pain with traumatised nipples. Apparently baby is latching well even tho he has a slight tongue tie.is this much pain normal? How do we get past ?

Are they cracked? I couldn't have made it through the first 2 weeks without Lansinoh nipple cream. Rub it on after every feed and don't let your nipples dry out.

I've also heard great things about nipple shields, but no personal experience here. May be worth a shot?

I was in pain for about a good week, exclusively breastfed, and would wince and almost cry in pain with every time he latched. I hope something works for you!

Thanks for replying,yes they're cracked and bleeding.I do have some of the lansinoh now so hoping it helps but worried the damage has already been done.I have some nipple shields but they're a bit big,wonder if I could trim them down?
I really don't want to give up but the pain feeding is So toe curling and constant...even when's he not feeding they just feel like they're burning.so upset right now.

Ugh I feel your pain :(

I can assure you it does get better. I had scabs on both nipples. If you know your latch is good, then I think you just have to wait until the cracks heal. Make sure you break the latch properly to prevent further damage. If your breasts are very engorged, try expressing a little to make them softer before baby latches.

Maybe you can look for different sizes of shields? Or what about Anbesol or some type of oral numbing cream used for teething? You could try that to get you through the healing phase. Check its compatibility with newborns though.

I remember in the hospital after a shower, a towel rubbed on my boobs and it felt like someone cut me with razor blades. Not fun.

I very highly recommend newmans nipple cream...you might need a prescription, but it worked like magic for me...i had cracked, bleeding, bruised nipples, and within a few days after using the cream, they were starting to heal:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->