HELP!! Wacky hormones... What is going on with me???

jrob

Reaction score
So, something is definitely going wacky with my hormones. I am approaching a week being late for AF. I took a test on the third day, and got a bfn. I figured at that point I was just late. On day 5, I started wondering again because my period is never this late. I have been super tired and super emotional. Tonight, while watching last week's episode of Cosmos, I started crying because they were talking about Michael Faraday's accomplishments and how he started losing his memory. I got totally choked up. I also re-watched Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones (which my bf missed so we watched it together tonight) and started crying at scenes I already knew happened. I'm still hoping for this to actually be a pregnancy. I've had 4 losses total and this would mean so much to me. Either way, I am crazy hormonal right now. Is it possible to be this emotional this early, or do you think I am just having some super PMS?

Other symptoms include frequent urination, extreme fatigue, and my breasts are pretty swollen, and I've even had some minor cravings-- but besides the urination and this moodiness it doesn't seem any less ordinary than when I am PMSing. I crave lots of crazy stuff when AF is on her way, not just your stereotypical chocolate. This time however, it's been sour cream. I can't seem to get enough of it. Again, this kind of weird stuff isn't completely unheard of for when I PMS...I'm a weirdo. I also have been constipated (sorry if TMI) and when I finally went, again, sorry for TMI, there was some bleeding because of what I assume are the hemorrhoids coming back, which first surfaced in my pregnancy 2 years ago that ended in a m/c. They resurfaced during the ectopic a year later, and are back again, another almost year and a half later. Is that even a symptom? I know once you get them, they never really go away and can resurface at any time. But could pregnancy be the reason? It seems to be the only time I get them. It's quite frustrating actually. I am getting mild cramping on and off and even had some sharp pain in my cervix for about a minute the other day. The one major difference with the cramping is that after I lost my left tube to an ectopic pregnancy last year, I get horrible pain when I am getting AF. It is almost crippling sometimes because of the scar tissue. The only thing that helped was birth control, but I chose to get off of it many months ago because I didn't want to mess with my body anymore. We are not actively TTC, but I am 30 and would like to become pregnant, even by happenstance. My bf is indifferent, so we're in the not trying/not preventing stage. I think he doesn't want to get his hopes up because of the past losses. They were hard on both of us. Anyway, this time I am not getting horrible pains, just some slight cramping that comes and goes. Could this be all in my head, perhaps wishful thinking? Or should I test again? And if so, when?

Sorry for the novel lol. Any advice would be wonderful!

Oh also, the test I took was a digital EPT. The first one came back with an error, I guess I peed on it wrong or something. The second, at 3 days late, said "Not Pregnant". I still have the third one in the pack but I don't want to waste it by testing too early or something. Even though 6 days doesn't seem early, I really don't want to waste it if I should wait longer. So I'm wondering how much longer I should wait that I would get an absolutely definitive result.

If you ovulated later, you wouldn't get a bfp on the digital yet, as they aren't as sensitive as the regular test. Any chance you can get a FRER?

I still don't know all the lingo... what is a FRER?

First Response Early Result :) They're pretty sensitive and accurate. Commonly found in drug stores and grocery stores across the land!

This link might help you https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brands.php

I could probably get one tomorrow. My car is in the shop, apparently we have a gas leak in one of the hoses and are waiting on the part to arrive. I could probably get one tomorrow evening at some point, if not then on Thursday. I am really hoping for this to be it, but I am having so many doubts because of that digital test. I thought they were supposed to be better. I guess I still have some things to learn. Would the digital test I have leftover right now still not be sensitive enough at this point?

and...nausea just set in. I swear, if I don't get a BFP or AF arrives I will be shocked. A visit to my OBGYN is definitely needed regardless.

So sorry to hear your car isn't working! I hope things work out for you.

It sounds to me like you could end up with a :bfp: eventually. But I'd start with a sensitive test. Best of luck to you. I really hope you get yours. :)

Thanks! Yeah of course my car decides to have issues the week I want to make late night runs to the pharmacy lol. That's life though. I haven't told my bf yet that I even suspect. He is completely oblivious to my cycle. I don't want to say anything until I know for sure. Even if I do get that BFP, I don't want to say anything until I've had an ultrasound that shows the baby in the correct place. I don't want to go through what we did the last time. There were a lot of ER trips (9 to be exact) and they kept sending me home saying there was nothing in my uterus. Eventually, it ruptured. It was chaos. This time around I have insurance and can go straight to my regular doctor who I know will take care of me much better than the ER doctors did. He was the one the last time that even figured out it was ectopic after the ER finally diagnosed me with a m/c. Until I get the green light from him, I don't want to say anything to my bf at all. That may sound strange, but I don't feel like he needs to go through every step until I know whats going on myself.

I didn't try the other kind yet because I don't have it. But I used my last digital this morning and still got a bfn. :( I'm pretty much a week late at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->