• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! What could this be??

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
About 2 hours ago, I started having some lower back pain and cramping. I thought it might some Braxton Hicks contractions, so I got up and started moving around(I was laying on the couch on my left side when it started) Moving around didn't help, only made my hips start hurting too. I had some pains similar to this several weeks ago and found out after going to L&D that I was slightly dehydrated and had the startings of a bladder infection. So, I decided to lay in bed and drink some water. Again, didn't help.(I've had about 52oz of water in the last 2 hours so far) I don't think I'm dehydrated now, as I have to pee every 15-20 minutes now. Then I took a warm shower. Didn't work either.
At the start the pain would start, then fade, and come right back again. Just seconds with no pain. Now it seems to be spaced farther apart. I haven't timed it yet, but will start soon. I haven't noticed any pattern though. I haven't noticed any tightening in my belly, just an occasional heavy feeling, and a couple times I've felt some pressure in my bottom. I don't want to have to go back to L&D unless I have to. DH won't be back home from work for 6 more hours. My mom lives nearby, but I don't want to have to bother her unless necessary.
Any ideas what this could be? I'm really hoping this could be something other than preterm labor!

I had period type pains in the last few weeks of my pregnancy and the midwife said it was baby getting into position.. I wouldn't think it'd be exactly that for you as you're so early on but it could just be baby shifting about...? I'd ring up if you're worried, they might be able to reassure you over the phone??

I'm really hoping that's what it is! I'm still having some cramping and back pain that comes and goes randomly, but they aren't as bad. I've had 3 really painful ones in the last 45 minutes. One at 6:15, one at 6:45, and one just now at 7:00. Keeping track to see if I have anymore pains like those.
I had preterm contractions at 28w with my DS, but I don't remember them being painful like this. They were caused by a bladder infection and were stopped after a couple injections of terbutaline. He said in and was born by C-section at 40w2d.

Well, it finally tapered off. Now I'm just really tired and sore :( LO is still nice and active, so I'm not worried about her :) I'm definitely going to mention this to my OB at my next appointment and see what he thinks.

Ive had similar cramps and pains since 19 weeks. Ob did every test they could do. Checked for bacteria, amniotic fluid leak, everything was cleared. Ob said some women get preterm contractions all through pregnancy some go into early labor and most go to term. Im still having them. I fell down the stairs yesterday and they started up this time they were regular and started out at 3 min apart and went to 1 min apart. Then slowed to 10 min apart so they let me go home. I hope you are doing good. They are uncomfortable I know. Take care dont stress. According to my ob it is not uncommon.

ohh watchin this post. Ive had cramping on off for few weeks and slowly gettin more frequent ie every day. Am slightly further on than you thought 33wks today. Bubs no 3 an its low as getin engagement sensations like other 2 (no2 was always free when mw checked but bobin in out). i dnt remember bh bein crampy last 2 pregs but i still have them after bms so not tht. Also back crampy. I havent mentioned my mw as keep hearing othrrs havving this an still cooking.

I've never heard of women having contractions like that throughout pregnancy. I will have to ask my OB and see if maybe that's what is going on. I never did have this with my first. I'm feeling much better today. No more pains, just an all over ache. Kind of like you get when you over do it working out.

And wow. Falling down the stairs. That's scary. Glad you and baby are ok!

I've been in hospital for the last 3 days with the same kind of pain on my left side, pressure in my bum and pain in my left hip, groin area. Turns out I have a really bad infection in my uterer which is the tube that carries urine from your kidneys to your bladder, brought on by a urine infection I had 3 weeks ago which I had antibiotics for but they hadn't cleared it up properly. My advice would be go to l&d, infections can bring on Labour x

I've never heard of women having contractions like that throughout pregnancy. I will have to ask my OB and see if maybe that's what is going on. I never did have this with my first. I'm feeling much better today. No more pains, just an all over ache. Kind of like you get when you over do it working out.

And wow. Falling down the stairs. That's scary. Glad you and baby are ok!

I never knew it happened either. I was perfectly fine with dd1&2 but with this one its been since 19 weeks. They always say just lay down on left side and up water intake. And they also said if there are more than four contractions in 1hour after laying down to come in. Ive been there more times than I can remember and the always check for amniotic fluid and my cervix. But everything has come back fine so far. Im gladmyou are feeling better :) I hope it stays that way til term:hugs:

i know bh contractions are there from early on ie 12weeks but most woman dont feel them. This bubs no 2 an ive been experiencin stuff from 29weeks that ive never had with other 2 some i did but alot later ie 36weeks. If happens again hun an your worried deffo mention it mw etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->