HELP What is my cycle day 1? CONFUSED!

Faylinameir

Finally PREGNANT! <3
Reaction score
TMI Warning? :wacko:
long story short Dr gave me metformin (which I'm no longer on as of almost 1 month ago), I had a bad reaction and it really made my period weird. I immediately started a second period, that lasted 2 1/2 weeks afterwards, and now I've been blood free for about 4 weeks (when I'd expect my period to start).

For about 3 days off and on I've been wiping some bright red and some brown then yesterday it was red and enough I needed a pad but just barely. Maybe 1 teaspoon or so of blood (hard to tell once it's in the pad). I also see little bit of red in the toilet when I go to the bathroom, even if I don't wipe red? It's very confusing.

Not pregnant, I've taken several tests. I'm suppose to start femara (like clomid) on cycle day 3 until 7 and I can't tell if yesterday was suppose to be the start of my new cycle? So far no blood today, not even on the paper. I'm so confused. I've asked my doctor and he's absolutely no help at all (yeah I probably should find a new one but it's difficult when you're on tricare) :dohh:

So was my "period" yesterday that required a pad, even if it wasn't massive my cycle day 1? OR Should I wait for heavier every day bleeding. Prior to metformon I was "regular" about every 32-35day average. Yes I have pcos but I'm not the type of person to typically not have a period, which my doctor doesn't seem to understand.

Also since I posted this now I'm wiping red again. It's so weird to WANT your period to fully start. LOL

I would say count the first day of bleeding as CD1. Since I got off birth control my periods are only 2 maybe 3 days long so it's totally possible that it's just a light period.

I have pcos as well (and take Femara/Letrozole) and it can be so confusing. I always say the moment you need a pad or tampon and not a panty liner is day one. I have 1 or 2 days of spotting to near light flow before full red flow. but spotting for me is, it is there when you wipe and maybe a drop or two that a panty liner would be fine. But if you are flowing enough that it is red and you need a pad, that is day 1. and I would say that if you saw red in the toilet, that is full flow. It may stop for a bit but if it is there enough that pee washes it away or you are dripping into the toilet count it as cd1

Which means today was cd2 and tomorrow is cd3 (yay to starting the pills!).

Have you used femara before? I've been on it since may of last year except this current cycle (alas no spontaneous ovulation) but I start again next week. I hate having long cycles. mine are 35 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->