Help while I wait for dr to call back, please!

wish4baby

Reaction score
My 9 year old son is sick today. :(
He has a fever 102.2 under his arm, and is very tired and lethargic, but responsive. He will wake up (with prompting) to drink water and take medicine (Tylenol at 10 am, ibuprofen at 2 pm). He is very pale, with dark circles around his eyes. The fever subsided for about an hour with the Tylenol but came roaring back.

The only other symptom is a stomach ache that comes and goes, and a headache that comes and goes. But, he has had this stomach ache off and on for a few days now (the pain is around the bellybutton area, the fever is new). I kept thinking it was just gas or something.

Now, the darn doctors office (nurse on call) isn't answering & I can't even get through to the answering machine. I'll keep trying, but would you just head to ER? Seems a bit silly for just a fever and tummy ache, but he seems (and looks) really sick :(

I hope you got word from the dr! I always say better safe than sorry. Not sure if you are UK or states or elsewhere, but urgent care is always a decent alternative to ER if the regular pediatrician is unavailable.

Hope it turned out to be a 'normal' bug that passed quickly!

Hope everything is okay. That is how I was with appendicitis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->