Help with acne/ bad skin please? Feeling low :( Pic added

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/oxfairycakexo/20141107_092731-1.jpg

I know i have low progesterone but have been taking vitex, vit b6 & a multivit to try and bring my levels up and also help with these horrendous acne breakouts that i get every single day :( They never fully clear, i try not to wear make up incase it irritates them but i am nearly 27 and walking around like a spotty teenager, it is really embarrassing and stressful.

I have tried all the usual skin care off the shelf things, have used pure aloe vera gel too but nothing is working. Have even tried just plain warm water then splashing cold water...nothing works. There isnt a pattern with them, they come whenever they want. This morning i woke with a huge white head (ergh) popped it and now am left with a big red spot. The doctor won't give me anything incase it messes with our ttc? I am stuck.. and quite low because of this. As you can see the rest of my face is pretty red and blotchy too. I just don't know what to do. I wondered if anyone else sufferes like this and has any tips please? Thanks

Ps. sorry for the pic, i know it isnt pretty but i wanted to give a realistic image.

'

I used to have very bad skin like this hun, so i completely understand, i know this is random but my dermatologist said to put toothpaste on them at night and it helped mine clear up, still get the odd spot now especially on my back and chest and i dab some on and it seems to do the trick, sending big hugs huni xxx

Thank you, i will try anything. it makes me feel really anxious, i am just so lucky that my fiance loves me, spots and all! But i feel so unfeminine, it is embarrassing :( x

I have/had the same issue and it's so uncomfortable. I got freederm gel from chemist which has made a huge difference. It's a little expensive but it's worth it. It has stopped me getting huge disgusting and painful spots. As soon as I feel a spot I put a bit on and it heals them. Xxx

I will get some of that then thanks Teri! Do you moisturise fot dry skin too? I have tried so many moisturises but think they make things worse so my skin is really dry too xx

F

I'm just using a Nivea cleanser and moisturiser. It's a thin oil free one that doesn't clog up pores so helps. The freederm stings for a few seconds but is honestly brilliant. Bodycare is the cheapest place to get it xxx

This is going to sound really odd...but I dont wash my face, I get a shower every 2 days but I never wash my face other than with plain old water, I occasionally use exfoliating gloves to attack my nose as I have horrible blackheads but aside that I dont use any products at all! x

I only use water for the last few months, warm water to wash then splashes of cold water then dab dry no rubbing. But i'm really getting me down now :( i feel ugly. Have a few ideas of things to try now though thank you xx

I am in my 30s and I still get the occasional breakout, sometimes REALLY bad, especially around my period!! I HATE IT and it embarrasses the heck out of me. What I've found to work pretty amazingly for my sensitive, bitchy skin is: PROACTIV (fricking lifesaver, money well spent, GET IT!). I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple to wash off my makeup, then I use the Proactiv regimen! Morning and night, it's very simple. It's not harsh on my skin and it works! And for makeup I now use (and SWEAR by) Bare Minerals!!!! It's pricey as well but it works wonders, looks amazing and does not clog my pores!!! It has changed my skin completely. I am on my 4th month using the minerals and I absolutely love it! I have used Proactive for 3 months and it has been amazing, and I've used the Purity cleanser for years!! I LOVE IT!! Try this little regimen, get the small sizes of everything. It's worth a shot!

Sorry if someone already said this but my dermatologist gave me Tretinoin and it works great. I use it at night and my skin looks better in the morning. Its a form of Vitamin A. I don't think you're supposed to use it if your pregnant but I don't think it would harm getting pregnant. Especially a low dose which you'll probably get since it looks like you look like you have sensitive skin.. I'm pale too lol the walmart brand of proactive helped too. It just took a bit to notice the difference.

I can't use nothing on my face not even the fancy brands that claim to clear up spots.... The only thing that helps me is dove soap! I swear by it ...

https://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Olay-Original-Active-Hydrating-Beauty-Fluid-4-fl-oz/10849836

This works great with my dryness. I use it morning and night. They also have a generic version. I've used both..they work the same. Olay smells a little better lol but they both smell like that baby powder/lotion.

Wow, loads of tips flooding in! :) i am going to try most of them and will buy some bare minerals make up, i don't mind paying good money for something that will maybe help me feel more confident so it is worth a shot! :) usually any type of acne product doesnt work for me either and actually irritated the skin more causing worse acne but there are some really good ideas here that i cannot wait to try! :)

My skin is very pale, very dry, very patchy.. and just in very bad condition! Is this from low progesterone do you think? I am almost sure it didnt used to be nothing like this when i was on the depo birth control.. just the last 2 years since stopping it it is getting worse! x'

Oxfairy, it's almost as though I could have written your post! For me, I really didn't have much acne as a teenager so being an upper 20s looking like a teen is a huge struggle. I'm still struggling to find what works best. Currently I am testing out something called Pevonia and it seems it might be helping some but I still have acne popping up. Although, with the TTC, I suspect that might just be something I have to accept being one isn't supposed to use all the chemicals.
I do second the Bare Minerals makeup, it is my go to and has been for over 10 years! I really love their newer BB Primer Cream when I don't want to put on a bunch of makeup but still feel the need to at least reduce the appearance of the acne. Another thing, they do have a natural cleansing line as well, but I haven't tried it aside from the cleanser but that was a long time ago. Thinking about giving it a go again. They also have a line available through their website called MD Formulations that I've had success with in the past but I think my hormones have shifted as I've gotten older, but maybe it would work for you. They do have trial/travel packs that last about a month to test out. Proactiv, since you have dry patchy skin, I personally don't recommend (maybe be the sensitive version). I tried it out before we were TTC and while yes, the acne I started with cleared up pretty quickly, it also dried up my face sooo badly that my cheeks were bright red and itchy and my skin still continued breaking out. It seemed my body was trying to overcompensate for the dryness by creating more oil. So I think it works much better for those with normal to oily skin as opposed to the dry and sensitive. It could work for you, but just wanted to share another experience with it as well. It would be wonderful if there was a one-size-fits-all skin care answer, wouldn't it!?

How long have you been off birth control?
My skin freaked out when I stopped. I was very depressed about it. I have since been diagnosed with pcos and my doctor said my acne was due to higher androgen levels in my body.
I tried every product out there but never really found much that helped. I have some friends that swear by tea tree oil.
Honestly for me I switched to Enjo products and now only use their glove and water to wash my face. It doesn't dry out my skin and I don't require any moisturizer since the cleaning process doesn't strip the skin.
My doctor did give me a topical ointment but I didn't use it because I didn't want the chemicals on my skin.
Hopefully you find something that helps!

MrsG, i am definitely going to get some bare minerals... but undecided on original or matte? from what i read i think matte is better for the dry skin.. am i right??

I had my last depo shot in september 2012 so a while ago! X

When you get the Bare Minerals I highly suggest you go in to a Bare Minerals store if you can!!!!!!!! They have them at the mall, I would travel 30+ miles if I needed to in order to get personalized help matching everything. They will put together a custom kit for you and show you how to apply it. I never used blush before I started using BM and OMG!!!! I can't believe I went my whole life without this stuff!!!! Blush to contour the face (just a tad, nothing dramatic), even over a few blemishes, makes all the difference in the world with my face!! I have high cheek bones, a pretty chubby looking face like Tiffany Amber Thiessen lol. Bare Minerals ROCK!!!!!!!! I still use a concealer stick for individual pimples when I have them, after applying the primer I apply the spot-concealer before the magical minerals! I use a Loreal True Match brand concealer, it's sort of like a crayon. Covers AMAZING and the color is perfect. Now if I can just find a product that gets you knocked up quickly I'll be marketing that stuff next!! LOL

The toothpaste remedy is old school, and I personally never heard a demotologist recommend it. It may help some for pimples, but not acne. My advice is to see a dermatologist.

My doctor gave me samples of Aczone. I didn't fill the actual Rx because I don't want to use it when I actually get pg. So I've been using the little samples, maybe your dermatologist can give you a few little tubes just to use until you get a bfp. It works well for adult acne

Also, try PanOxyl Cleanser, 10% benzoyl peroxide, it used to be by rx only but you can now buy it at the pharmacy in the acne aisle otc. It works really well! but use a sunscreen with it, as it can cause u to burn. And when you use it, massage your skin well and let it sit for a minute or 2.
Hope this helps you!!

I agree with wlovew, go in to a BareMinerals boutique if at all possible for learning how to apply. It is amazing how a little product goes a long way with their stuff and knowing how to properly apply it really can make a difference on if you love it or not! There are videos you can watch on YouTube or even their website as well on how to apply if there is absolutely no way you can get to a store. Those are pretty beneficial as well. Another great benefit with the store, though, is yes, they will help you find the perfectly matched color and they will typically send you home with samples as well! The samples can easily last a full week, if you use it every day, so it is a great way to practice and see which you like best, original or matte. I personally haven't tried the matte yet, mainly because I still have some original and tried their Ready formula most recently (pressed powder) for ease of traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->