Help With Colours!

pinkclaire

Mummy to two under 2
Reaction score
I have looked through the colours post already to get some inspiration but wondered if anyone else wanted to help!

My OH is in the Royal Marines and its a forces wedding so needs to go with his Uniform. Its a dark Blue with red stripes, I'll attach a picture of it (but not him in it yet as I havent seen him in it yet!)

Other thing, I really want a winter wedding so want it to look kinda winter wonderlandy without being to tacky! So I need a colour scheme that will compliment both! AHH

Wedding party that will need dressing (non forces uniform are)

2 bridesmaids/flower girls ages 3-4
1 bridesmaid my sister age 23 lol.

Father of the bride, and pageboy/usher.

And then obviously everything else will compliment these colours.

I really want the girlies to look girly and my sister to look more sofisticated so thinking maybe different shades of the same colour for there dresses?

Any ideas let me know, I am stuck!

Attachments

• RM.jpg
    RM.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 6
Perhaps you could include reds-in the flowers maybe or your sister's dress- which would bring out the red stripes in the uniform. Red is also quite Christmasy so would complement a winter wonderland theme. The younger girls perhaps would like the idea of being ice/snow princesses for the day and you could include very pale blues, which complement the uniform and be subtly winter wonderlandy. So possibly blues and white accented with red?

Beca :wave:

That was exactly what i was thinking but didnt was worried it might look a bit like the british flag?! But the way you described sounds perfect I think!

Could you not have strong hints of navy and silver? Could even mix a navy, red and green tartan in there to pick up the colours and make it Christmassy..naff?

ThanksMrsVenn!

I like the idea of Navy and Silver as well, what would I do with the flowers though? hmmm, so many decisions its unreal, I have to have a clear head to think of this stuff and got serious baby brain at the moment!

ThanksMrsVenn!

I like the idea of Navy and Silver as well, what would I do with the flowers though? hmmm, so many decisions its unreal, I have to have a clear head to think of this stuff and got serious baby brain at the moment!

Haha! Well I would suggest a neutral colour for flowers such as ivory roses - lightness to lift the navy. I had white roses and white tulips. As you're planning a Christmas wedding, you could break them up with silver sticks or something with a bit of sparkle to give them a frosted look?

These were mine, I had eucalyptus in between the flowers to give it greenery as I was getting married in spring. You could have a navy ribbon around the bouquets to bind them?

https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss97/MrsVenn/Wedding/cdp-119-1-1.jpg

You could even have thistle put in your bouquet, very traditional and will add the darkness to it. Or even a dozen red roses bound?

Do you want to be my wedding planner? your brilliant :winkwink:

Do you want to be my wedding planner? your brilliant :winkwink:

Lol!! Unfortunately my job takes up most of my time but I'm ALWAYS happy to give advice, opinions etc :hugs:

I'd LOVE to be a wedding planner though!!

yeah that would be a fantastic job! My friend used to work for a catering company and they got to go to weddings ALLLLL the time. I think I would love it!

Just thinking about your bridesmaids, well my MoH was 24 and she chose her dress (I said to my 3, any design but the same colour), so she chose this gorgeous evening gown, which my then 13 year old cousin took one look at and wanted it too.

It was a little low for her age so we asked for extra material and my mum sewed a panel in to make it more appropriate. My 11 year old cousin then got a dress in the teen version, very very similar and they were all in oyster.

So what I'm thinking is you could do the same! I think my dresses were by Alfred Sung but I'll check, they're a great service and will send you samples of fabric so you can see for yourself how it'll look. Dessy also do a great choice of colours and styles.

Brilliant, send it over and I will have a look, I need to get planning quickly! thanks for all your help and advice xx

What I'd recommend is creating a spreadsheet with a list of everything you need. Then you can add columns like cost etc so you can see where you're spending etc.

Do you know what stuff you need to sort out?

yes, EVERYTHING!

Its a strange one, I have to convince OH that I can plan it to get my winters wedding, (and we can afford it) so I have written down everything I want and what is a definate. and ideas of what I want and how much so he cant say no :winkwink:

yes, EVERYTHING!

Its a strange one, I have to convince OH that I can plan it to get my winters wedding, (and we can afford it) so I have written down everything I want and what is a definate. and ideas of what I want and how much so he cant say no :winkwink:

Good girl!! Well if you need any tips or ideas or recommendations of places to buy things etc, just drop me a line :thumbup:

Oh and my girl's dresses were Jim Hjelm (they tried on Alfred Sung, hehe) and Jim Hjelm sent me the samples! lol!

https://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/

https://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/Additional/Style-5728

Then my mum put in a panel at the front for my 13yr old and then my 11yr old had this:

https://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Junior-Bridesmaid/Fall/2006/Style-656

Oh wow, they are gorgeous MrsVenn! Wedding update, he text me this morning saying I think we should get married before LO is born, i.e. my winter wedding! The funniest thing is he thinks it was his idea now! Even better haha. I have better mind persuasion skills than Derren Brown I think!

Wonderful news!! So have you chosen your date? You're going to be a busy bee now!

By the way, it's always easier if they think it was THEIR idea :winkwink: I usually plant my 'seed' in my hubby's head about 3 weeks before I want/want to do something..it always take on average that length of time for him to think it was his idea :haha:

I completely agree! I am going to talk to him about it this weekend hopefully if he is home. I think the date will be dictated to us by the venues as we are booking at such short notice! I will be making a few phone calls to see what I can find out!

Ahhhh good luck! Ooo I'm so excited for you! I hope you manage to find something (fingers crossed for you!) otherwise a large tent, some heaters and fairy lights can also be a good alternative :winkwink:

Thanks Hun I'll be asking your advice again soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->