help with exchange/refund?

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
I bought a TV from an electrical discount centre owned by one of the big electrical retailers in June. Since June it's been sent to be repaired 7 times, all for the same issue, it turns itself on and off.

When I got it back last week, it was still faulty so I contacted the store who said they would give me like for like, and would check what they had in stock, it was the manager I spoke to.
A staff member rang up and said they had nothing in my price range and would contact me this coming Friday with what new stock they had....

I didnt think til I put the phone down but I though like for like was based on the make/model/spec - not the price I paid?

Any help? Im beyond annoyed with this company, each time it's been picked up/dropped off its not a specific time so that's 14 days in the last 6 months I've had to sit inside and wait, nevermind all the phonecalls to them.

I bought a TV from an electrical discount centre owned by one of the big electrical retailers in June. Since June it's been sent to be repaired 7 times, all for the same issue, it turns itself on and off.

When I got it back last week, it was still faulty so I contacted the store who said they would give me like for like, and would check what they had in stock, it was the manager I spoke to.
A staff member rang up and said they had nothing in my price range and would contact me this coming Friday with what new stock they had....

I didnt think til I put the phone down but I though like for like was based on the make/model/spec - not the price I paid?

Any help? Im beyond annoyed with this company, each time it's been picked up/dropped off its not a specific time so that's 14 days in the last 6 months I've had to sit inside and wait, nevermind all the phonecalls to them.

Ring them back, tell them that the Sales of Goods Act states that they must replace your product like for like on specification not price. To be honest I would do it writing to their head office, they always take everything more serious in writing

I think head office is my best bet tbh!
Im sick of being messed around, the call centre staff have been really helpful but the store have been terrible!

Perhaps they meant that they didn't have another model to exchange it for at the moment, and not even one that was the same price. Maybe they're waiting to see what they have.

Also depending upon their exchange policy, they could refund your money, let you pick from what they have now (going without a television sucks) and you pay the difference. Otherwise, you'd have to wait until Friday.

I'd ring the manager back and ask him to be a little more clear.

this happened to me when i bought one frm morrisons once the sound kept going,they wudnt give me a refund just kept exchanging it over and over again :(

If they cannot repair it at no inconvenience to you then they should replace it like for like to the same or greater specification. If they can't do that then you are within your legal rights to demand a full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->