Help with gifts for 18mo please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Hi all.
Rio will be 18 months old at Christmas and I'm so undecided about what to buy for him.

He loves cars but has loads. He also likes writing and books, but he has the aqua doodle and a very large book collection already too.

I feel like he's got most things already for his age range, so I'm stuck.
At lot of things I've looked at will be more suitable when he turns 2 in June so I don't want to buy everything now and have this same issue again come his birthday.
Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Little People? My son plays with his sets every day.

Fire truck
Kitchen set, play food
Puzzles
Construction toys

How about ...

Train set
Mega blocks / Duplo
The Happyland sets? My LO has the Fairground

My mind is blank now! I will come back if I think of more ...

At that age Colin really liked duplo, his fisher price stand and play ramp way .

Lily got a mini trampoline for her 2nd bday...but think she would have enjoyed it earlier on. Chalkboard/painting easel? A pop up tent - you can get a knight's castle one? Tunnel? Rocking garden toy? A rug with a road on it for his cars? A toy garage?

Thanks all. Great ideas.
Definitely going to buy a rug for his cars, I love those.

He has a garage and he has the giraffe trampoline from elc. We have about a million mega blocks lol.

Puzzles are a good idea as he definitely likes to sit down more and concentrate on toys at the minute. I thought about an easel but thought that may be more suitable for his 2nd birthday?

He is having a sand and water table off mil and fil ready for next summer. He already had a play house for his first birthday and tunnel.

I have got him a wooden train set and some wooden food, looking for a nice wooden tea set but have recently got him a plastic one and he hasn't bothered with it at all!

We are getting Zoe dolls, a cot for her dolls, duplo and some sets from the Playmobil 123 range. She loves hiding out in her brother's campervan play tent, and is starting to show an interest in jigsaw puzzles - we have some nice, chunky wooden ones which she tries really hard to do.

Lucas will be similar age at Xmas, I think I had a similar post a while ago.

I ended up buying the happyland train which i hope he doesn't just pull apart and put in his mouth haha

At toddlers group I notice the slightly older children all love pushing the trolley/pram and playing with the kitchen toys not sure if ud want to get him that. They also all seem to love the playhouse but I think you have one of them.
I'm struggling to think still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back