Help with gifts for nieces and nephew

lusterleaf

Reaction score
Hi, I am reposting this from another thread since I didn't realize this one existed!. With the holidays approaching I am starting to think about what I should buy for the members in our family. I have 2 nieces (ages 5 & 6) and 1 nephew (age 4) whose parents are well off, and spoil them. They get so many toys and everything they want, and last Christmas, they opened the gift that I gave them (Disney character clothes- I figured they get so many toys) and put it aside like they really didn't care. This year I am at a loss on what to get them. I asked my sister (their mother) and she said get whatever you want. Being that they probably won't appreciate anything I do buy for them, is it tacky to just put money in a card and give it to my sister to use as she wishes for them?

were just doing pjs and selection box for all the kids, my sister for mine too then it's fair. Pretty skint this year so she understands and is gonna get mine the same thing.

For my 7 year old niece I never know what she has or doesn't so for her birthday I gave her a gift card to Target then made plans to bring her to pick out whatever she wished in that price range... For Xmas I'm getting her and my 4 year old nephew a gift card to a big play place around and I'll take them there for a day.. we've also got her a gift card to the movies and took her to see a movie of her choosing and she seemed to love it. And I love giving her an experience rather than a toy she will lose a part to or will end up at the bottom of the toy bin.

Agree with pp about the cinema, it's not something I'd ever thought of but my ds1 got a gift voucher for his birthday. It might be a nice treat for the whole family

I agree with pp about experience gifts for those who already have a lot. Movies, tickets to something like the zoo or aquarium or something they wouldn't typically do on an everyday basis. Movie theater gift cards are always a good one, and then you can even put together a little gift basket with some movie treats to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->