Help with housework!!!

Tess.ie

In love with our lil girl
Reaction score
I'm absolutely terrible at keeping the house tidy and organised! I'm a sahm so it's not that I don't have time, I think I'm just a bit lazy tbh.

Please share any tips to motivate me to get tidying more, and how you keep on top of it all :)

I set a day out where I do a massive clean. Takes me about 1hr and a half. Then every time I'm in the kitchen cooking or making a cup of tea I do a task like the dishes, or put a wash on or wipe the work tops. I love the feeling of a clean house so I'm generally quite good at doi my cleaning. I prefer mornings to afternoons I can sit and do what I want

I'm trying to do my massive clean today because its all out of control but normally i set myself an hour a day for cleaning, and each day also has a specfic task? Hoover/mop etc

If you can have a child free day then take the day to have a huge house clean, get rid of/sell things you don't need. It is much easier to keep a house clean if you don't have unnecessary things.
I try to reset the house back to the way it was first thing in the morning every night.. so I wash up, clean kitchen down, sweep and mop, put clothes away, tidy toys away, clean dining table & highchair and then hoover.
During the day I do dusting, washing, cooking, put clothes out to dry, I usually wash up after lunch so their aren't too many pots in the evening, & quickly clean bathrooms.

Unless she is asleep I have to take Alma from room to room with me but she gets to crawl and explore so she is happy.
There are always going to be days when you don't want to do anything or you feel poorly but my grandma always says as long as your pots are done, toilet is clean and you don't have lots of clutter, your house will look tidy xx

I also do a big clean one day a week, where I do bathroom and floors. I try to do washing everyday and iron a huge pile on a Sunday. I work so I have to try and do bits here and there to keep on top of it. Dishes, brushing the floor and general tidying up is done daily where needed. It's not easy keeping a tidy house. I have no idea how people with spotless houses do it!

We have a big house- so the first year after LO was born this is how I broke it up...

day 1- vacuum, day 2- sweep/mop, day 3- bathrooms, day 4- dust. Then the other little things like picking up clutter or doing dishes as needed (but shared those chores with hubby and our oldest). But overall, I just did a bit a few days a week- so it wasn't so overwhelming and only took maybe 30mins a day (if that). As far as laundry goes- I only do mine/LO's- hubby does his and our oldest does her own- so I'd do it once a week. usually on Fridays since I work from home :)

I'm a clean freak though- although I've laxed a bit since having our LO- clutter or grim get under my skin and irritate me. So we eventually hired a cleaning lady to come every other week. It helps me relax more knowing it will get done... I'd probably have her come every week if I could! :haha: I work full time though- if I was home, I'd do it similar to how I did before. Prob just first thing to get it out of the way and before LO woke up ;)

I'm a sahm and I have quite a large house and it's exhausting staying on top of it while looking after two young ones

Thing is I like a tidy clean house. I just feel depressed when it's a mess

I always tidy as I go, I never leave anything until later so I think this helps. I do one load of washing a day. I room change with the kids and tidy and clean whatever room they're in. I found by doing this I don't have to do loads when the girls are in bed, as by then I'm ready for bed myself x

I follow flylady through the MSE forums. There is a cleaning list for monday-friday each day focusing on a different room. It really helps me :)

Following as I'm too a bit too lazy :lol: We recenty got a really big 4 bedroom home last year and it's even harder to keep up with the housework :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->