Help with my scan please, brown spotting

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
Last week I was in the EPU after brown discharge. We saw a HB (I was 6+1) and the doctor stated that I might have a Subchorionic Hematoma, which might be causing the spotting.
The following week I still had some spotting here and there.
Yesterday at the check up, 7 weeks, at my doctor, we saw the little bean, a HB, and no sign of the Subchorionic Hematoma. He told me that spotting just sometimes happens.
I was so excited/nervous as I always am, that there were a few things I didn't ask about.
What is that big long blob on the right? I know if was anything to be concerned about he'd have brought it up, especially knowing my history and how nervous I am.
I'm still having some brown discharge, I think it's more because I had a lot of creamy CM before, and now it's just mixing up with the old blood.
I'm just very nervous because this is how both MC started before.

Attachments

• 7w.jpg
    7w.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 50
Thats yolk providing early nourishment for fetal pole. Placenta will start forming once that is ready take over and yolk will disappear.

Thats yolk providing early nourishment for fetal pole. Placenta will start forming once that is ready take over and yolk will disappear.

Thanks, I meant the long blob on the far right, outside of the sac.

I believe that's your bladder hun. No worries.. :)

I'm guessing it's your bladder. And rest assured, if they didn't see any sign of a hematoma, then the spotting is probably just the last of the blood working it's way out of your cervix. It's also possible that you have some sort of minor cervical irritation. I had red/pink bleeding/spotting from 5+2-10+4 with this pregnancy and no tests ever showed what it was coming from. But I'm now 27 weeks and all is good.

I'm guessing it's your bladder. And rest assured, if they didn't see any sign of a hematoma, then the spotting is probably just the last of the blood working it's way out of your cervix. It's also possible that you have some sort of minor cervical irritation. I had red/pink bleeding/spotting from 5+2-10+4 with this pregnancy and no tests ever showed what it was coming from. But I'm now 27 weeks and all is good.

Thank you :hugs:
Less spotting today and nausea just kicked in so I feel slightly better.
I never saw my bladder in any other US, I usually ask more questions during US, I need to remember to do so, and stay calm <3

Beautiful Baby... So, I was wondering about the placenta. You don't see it on early scans because its a round yolk sac?

Then you have a placenta and the sac disappears?

Hey nina

I know this is an older post but I chanced across it and remembered you from ttcal thread we were both on - I am SO pleased to see you're pregnant! Wanted to also chime in again that spotting is definitely very common - I had the same from weeks 6-9 including some bright red blood at one point which made me sick with worry....

During that time I found out that if you are pregnant after losses you are significantly more likely to spot - the bitter irony hey? If you ever pop over to have a look at the old ttcal thread a lot of the ladies on there are now preggo and well over half of them had spotting in the first tri - WAY more than is usual in the general population, and their pregnancys were fine. As yours will be! Happy and healthy 9 months love Xx

Hey nina

I know this is an older post but I chanced across it and remembered you from ttcal thread we were both on - I am SO pleased to see you're pregnant! Wanted to also chime in again that spotting is definitely very common - I had the same from weeks 6-9 including some bright red blood at one point which made me sick with worry....

During that time I found out that if you are pregnant after losses you are significantly more likely to spot - the bitter irony hey? If you ever pop over to have a look at the old ttcal thread a lot of the ladies on there are now preggo and well over half of them had spotting in the first tri - WAY more than is usual in the general population, and their pregnancys were fine. As yours will be! Happy and healthy 9 months love Xx

Thanks Linny, of course I remember you <3
That's quite cruel of mother nature. I was just thinking why it can't be easy for us like some.
I'm still spotting on and off, all brown. We'll be going tomorrow probably for another scan.
The spotting and the 8 week mark, when we found our previous had stopped developing has just gotten to me right now.
I feel like I can't pass this mark. I hope I can!

:hugs: Gods yes it is cruel, and so very difficult especially with the timing just now..I hope and pray all is well tomorrow for you and your wee one X

HI Nina!! i didn't know you were pg! Congrats!!!
I have been spotting non stop, and I did all through my first pregnancy, more heavily in the first tri and early second trimester. With your history I see why you are worried, but keep in mind that it can also be quite common. Unfortunately we don't know until we go in for a scan. However, if you have had it this whole time and nothing bad has happened then it is probably nothing. Mine is just from an irritated cervix. FIngers crossed for you that it is absolutely nothing to worry about!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->